Tube-I-zator Professional PCB - Page 83 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st June 2013, 09:49 AM   #821
Crom is offline Crom  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hmmm, I am now confusing myself. Just to make absolutely sure (so that an idiot like me can understand it) I am using only the positive terminals of each phase. So the connections from one DAC to the tube-i-zator are as follows?

positive anti-phase out - -> - >- - + input right (tube-i-zator) and ultimately to pin 3 of XLR balanced output
positive phase out - -> - >- -> - - + input left (tube-i-zator) and ultimately to pin 2 of XLR balanced output
GND > GND to pin 1 XLR

I ignore all negative output connections on DAC.

Thank you for your help. I think the wine I had last night is still affecting my brain ;-)
Old 1st June 2013, 01:21 PM   #822
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Hmmm, I am now confusing myself. Just to make absolutely sure (so that an idiot like me can understand it) I am using only the positive terminals of each phase. So the connections from one DAC to the tube-i-zator are as follows?

positive anti-phase out - -> - >- - + input right (tube-i-zator) and ultimately to pin 3 of XLR balanced output
positive phase out - -> - >- -> - - + input left (tube-i-zator) and ultimately to pin 2 of XLR balanced output
GND > GND to pin 1 XLR

I ignore all negative output connections on DAC.

Thank you for your help. I think the wine I had last night is still affecting my brain ;-)
You cannot use the schematic for IVY III or Legato 3 since the way the BII or BIIISE differential pairs are done. As you can see there's two differential pairs, one on each side and that would require the use of 4 Tube-I-Zator if doing it this way...

You need to use only the positive on each side and they are reversed/mirrorred on each side.

So your connection is correct the way you wrote it but the second BIIISE "+ phases" have to be reversed on the Tube-I-Zator as per my drawing.

Please make sure you also read the integration guide since you need to setup the BIISE in dual mono. Keep the DAC as close as each others as possible since you need to connect them together.

I had a dual mono setup exactly like yours using dual Tube-I-Zator but ended up using a single BII with two Tube-I-Zator since you can't hear the difference with the tube output. Basically you lose the advantage to run it in current mode due to cable length, etc, so a single DAC is sufficient. And it sounds really good. Really love it!

Ciao!
Do

Last edited by pinnocchio; 1st June 2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2nd June 2013, 07:55 PM   #823
Crom is offline Crom  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the explanation. I had everything working from a board setup perspective. I was just confusing myself with all the different wiring options. Just for the sake of completeness, why is using the 'positive anti phase' and 'positive' outs any different from just using the +\- connections from the in-phase side of the board?
Old 9th June 2013, 06:50 PM   #824
diyAudio Member

Hello Oliver
do you know off there are sound difference ,with difference anode volt to 6n2p ?
i use 240vdc..
best Bjarne
Old 9th June 2013, 07:56 PM   #825
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to dvb projekt
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardman View Post
Hello Oliver
do you know off there are sound difference ,with difference anode volt to 6n2p ?
i use 240vdc..
best Bjarne
Hi Bjarne,

the Tube-I-zator values of the SRPP stage based on Lukas Fikus recommendations with the 6N2P.

Because of the awesome sound results, i had no motive to play with these.

Best regards,
Oliver

Old 9th June 2013, 08:17 PM   #826
diyAudio Member

Hello Oliver
Lukas 6n2p print shows 250vdc....have i right that u use a lower value--and what is your value---i am shure that u use the right value..and i think i will try yours..
Best Bjarne
Old 10th June 2013, 06:33 AM   #827
noizas is offline noizas  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardman View Post
Hello Oliver
Lukas 6n2p print shows 250vdc....have i right that u use a lower value--and what is your value---i am shure that u use the right value..and i think i will try yours..
Best Bjarne
Hi Bjarne,

240VDC will provide more linearity, but you need to recalculate Rk, because with same Rk value (as for 150VDC) and increased to 240VDC power supply voltage you possibly will shorten life of the tube without any reason.
And vice versa - with Rk calculated for 240VDC and real use of 150VDC you will unreasonably decrease standing current of SRPP, which is better to have higher if possible.

For 150VDC and 12AX7 tube please look post No.815, in attachement you will find necessary data.
Old 11th June 2013, 03:05 PM   #828
diyAudio Member

Exclamation Forum Problem

@ all

The links to my blog and profile page are working again.

The only change is that the dash in my nickname is gone.

Many thanks to Cal Weldon !

Cheers,
Oliver
Old 11th June 2013, 03:17 PM   #829
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to merlin2069er
Great!

Have you put the red baron dac in a case yet? or is it still on that sheet of mdf?
Old 11th June 2013, 06:00 PM   #830
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin2069er View Post
Great!

Have you put the red baron dac in a case yet? or is it still on that sheet of mdf?
It is still on the MDF. I am waiting to Ians new I2S-PCM driver board. After integrating this, i will build the case.

Hide this!Advertise here!