• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

IXTH20N50D Depletion Mode Mosfet Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am opening a thread for a group buy based on NP demonstration of a Depletion Mode Mosfet amp demonstrated at BA2009 that I thought sounded pretty good. The amp has no name yet, and is still a design in progress. But I thought I would get ahead ofthings and open up this thread to DISCUSS the AMP and the group buy. It's a minimum order of 60 at Digikey, and that would make about 30 amps, assuming nobody blew one. I would like to get this to a 100 units or more, and close the GB around X-MAS time.

If I run the group buy, I will likely charge an extra buck or two per FET for a DIYAudio donation, charge $5 shipping USD unless you order a lot, won't offer matching, and will write the value of the mosfet on a custom form if it's going overseas.

...If I run the group buy, I will likely charge an extra buck or two per FET for a DIYAudio donation, charge $5 shipping USD unless you order a lot,...

I would hope you don't, or at least reconsider that idea. Not that I don't want to donate to diyAudio but, that I want about 20 devices and that raises the price of ea. device substatially by forcing me to donate $20-$40 at Christmas time? Now I understand where your coming from with "willingness to put the money on the table" in the other J2 post. I would hope that you would at least be donating my $40 in my name and not yours?

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
With all my good wishes for diyaudio, the principle of forced philanthropy doesn't sit well with me. But I see your point, who wants to start another GB with their own donation policy, they can do it. If someone starts another GB on these devices which allows members to donate as much as they see fit, I may join.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I may consider tagging the donation instead onto the shipping costs.

I will be fuzzy in short run on the shipping costs anyways. Assuming some static bags are in order for all that I cannot get into a tube. So I would guess 15 dollars a pair and roughly $6-7 dollars shipping international or not.

Im not an ethics person myself, I just feel it's a way to keep Diyaudio running smooth, since they still need to move to another service provider. If you dont feel like adding a buck to it, I think your cheap :) and someone else is more than welcome to run this, as I said before. Just trying to help, but I do have some standards for runing a GB.

Tea Bag, I recently spoke with the IXYS area rep Chuck Sheldon about this item. I had attempted to get a small quantity some time back after reading Paul's amp comments. It might be easier to go through a rep than Digikey?
Please put me down for four units. Thanks

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
FWIW, Canadians and in particular Torontonians and area, there's a local distributor that sells them for 8.27CDN individually, and 7.12CDN for 50+ which is cheaper than digikey.

https://webapps.nuhorizons.com/stor...ge=10&PbFreeOnly=FALSE&I6.x=0&prevSearchType=

I am not associated in any way with this store, just did a routine search and they came up.

tea-bag, sorry, I don't mean to ruin the GB, but maybe it would be a good idea to check with the local IXYS distributor. There's a list here:

http://xolarcell.com/damerica.html

I might be willing to run a GB or even just buy 60 myself and sell what I don't want for what Digi-Key sold them to me for plus shipping and supplies. My time would be donated to the people here. I have some of my own ethics/standards etc. :)
These prices are rediculous anyway. We are stuffing some investors pocket. Not nearly what the Semi-South guys are getting though.
I happen to have a couple designs I've done in vert MOSFET and Qspeed JFET that need more additional engineering to be stable enough. These devices would be naturally stable and require no additional bias components, or caps! But, we should be in a technical forum like Pass Labs or whatever dicussing technical issues and ideas. Not the GB Catagory...
It will be interesting to see the interest level for these devices. I like'em :D

Put me down for 8

Tea-Bag

Sorry to ask but went to the spreadsheet and it wouldn't let me enter my order, even after I joined Google Docs. Anyway if I could impose can you put me down for 8 mosfets. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ejam

PS. Does anyone know if there is a trick to entering the data on the spreadsheet or have I missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.