• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

IXTH20N50D Depletion Mode Mosfet Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just added my name to the list for four pieces.

About Mouser: they have an offer for free shipping on orders over 75 euros, it could be interesting if one needs some other goodies from them as well. On the other hand, they don't have these IXYS units in stock, so that may complicate things... I will stay with this GB!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tad, No money needs to be sent now.
We can get the initial price lower by buying more. It's not much, but something. I will still charge a little more than digikey's list so I have 5-10% extra for those that smoke one of them. I can eliminate this option if people would like, and then they can be stuck with getting a more expensive single unit for mouser if they wish (assuming one blows). I will leave that up to the group. I think the international guys would like this option, since shipping there can be expensive, esp if it's for one small part from mouser or whatever.

I plan on closing the first round of the group buy in no more than two weeks. I will see how things look at holloween to make a decision. Another order can be placed later, assumed once more of these devices get put into real circuits by the likes of this crew, and papa publishes the article on his depletion mode simple amp.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
yep, but not ready with price and payments yet. I am thinking of closing the group buy on the 31st and ordering on November 6th. Since there is a long lead time, and we have some quantity, I think this will get some in the door, at least by the first of 2010.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am going to close the group buy on the 31st. The demand seems to be slowing down. I want to get an order in so we can see these possibly by the end of the year.

Papa stated on the DeLite thread that there may be a better part. So it may be worth waiting for. I emailed him directly. Here is what he said.

"chasing down what might be a better part. First we have
to find out if it's even available. Then I have to get some (lead time...)
and try it. For the current price of $6.70 in quantities of 60, it's not like
this part is much of a risk - and it is the one everyone thought sounded so
good at BAF."

So I think it's a good option to try and experiment with, just keep in mind, the DeLite MAY use a different part in the end. I heard this amp personally, and thought it sounded very lively, by this I mean jazzy, dynamic, alive sounding. Best analogies I have. About as good critical listening as one can get at BAF. Sucker didn't even warm up.

I am going to charge 7.00 a fet so I can buy some extra's to re-sell only to GB members if they happen to smoke one and don't have any extra's. If nobody likes this idea, I can probably go down a bit more on price, no less than 6.50. (so for most, we are talking $2.00) A single can always be purchased via mouser at ~10 bucks pre shipping, so that is another option if one needs to buy a single unit or whatever.

If the GB does not come close to the 60 (maybe 30) chunk interval, I will do my best to order some extra's. If it's on the low side, say 185, I will ask a few of you to add more, or take less. It will largely depend on who pays up I suppose..

of course, if this d-fet becomes popular, of course another order can be made.

If the GB does not come close to the 60 (maybe 30) chunk interval, I will do my best to order some extra's. If it's on the low side, say 185, I will ask a few of you to add more, or take less. It will largely depend on who pays up I suppose..

of course, if this d-fet becomes popular, of course another order can be made.

I am not sure what you mean you already have 196.

Status
Not open for further replies.