NZ / OZ GB: Nat Semi LME49710 opamp DIP8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th October 2009, 07:42 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default NZ / OZ GB: Nat Semi LME49710 opamp DIP8

I'm thinking of putting together a group buy for some National Semiconductor LME49710 opamps for those of us 'down under' in New Zealand and Australia.

These are single opamps, in good old DIP-8 package. Part no. is LME49710NA

I contacted my local Avnet rep and got a price of USD 1.10ea for a minimum order of 360 pieces. I'll likely take 100pcs myself, so if I can get enough interest in these we should be able to get some good pricing.

I still have to check if the price includes GST (I suspect not), so for NZ, it would be something like 1.10 x 1.125 x 1.4(ish) = NZD 1.75ea

Can anyone tell me the best local prices? Do the likes of Jaycar / DS / Altronics stock these? Need a sanity check before getting too keen

Cheers,

Len.
Old 7th October 2009, 01:16 PM   #2
auling is offline auling  China
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to auling Send a message via MSN to auling
hello Len ,

We can sell you the NS brand parts LME49710NA
The minimum order QTY for 100pcs

Pls contact with me if you have interest to our stock ,thanks

Best Regards
Elizabeth

Company:Auling International LTD
E-mail:aulingye@gmail.com
phone:86-755-88357160
Fax:86-755-88357269
Address:Room#305 ,First Building ,JinAn garden ,Fujing Road ,Futian Dist ,shenzhen 518033 China
Old 7th October 2009, 01:23 PM   #3
mrevie is offline mrevie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Len,

I'd be very interested in this group buy! At least 20 pieces this way.

Steve.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:24 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Avnet have come back to me and say 9 weeks lead time for these parts - even though their website says 323pcs in stock. I'm calling them to find out just how many they actually have in stock. The other alternative ex-stock seems to be Digikey who show 571pcs in stock. The price from Digikey is about USD0.05 higher than Avnet once we're over 250pcs. I'll report back once I've checked with Avnet regarding their stock situation.

The list so far:

Len_Scanlan: 100
mrevie: 20
ernie: 12

Total: 132 pieces.

I suggest running this group buy until the end of October, and place the order 1st week in November for early Nov delivery to NZ. I'd like to have the parts posted out to everyone well before the Xmas holidays

-Len.
Old 13th October 2009, 07:43 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Bump..

2 weeks to go
Old 13th October 2009, 08:51 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Hi Len

put me in for 15 please. I'll PM you conrtact details.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:06 PM   #7
sandyK is offline sandyK  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default NZ / OZ GB: Nat Semi LME49710 opamp DIP8

Has anybody considered using the much more expensive LME49710HA ?
The LM4562HA and it's PR department renamed version, is markedly better sounding than the normal DIP 8 plastic version.
Jaycar and Altronics do not stock anything like this. Even the price of a DIP8 LM4562 from Altronics would really shock you !
SandyK
Old 14th October 2009, 12:39 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyK View Post
Has anybody considered using the much more expensive LME49710HA ?
The LM4562HA and it's PR department renamed version, is markedly better sounding than the normal DIP 8 plastic version.
Jaycar and Altronics do not stock anything like this. Even the price of a DIP8 LM4562 from Altronics would really shock you !
SandyK
Hi SandyK,

I'd like to try the metal can version up against the DIP package, maybe this could be another separate GB? They *are* expensive so I wonder how much interest there would be from our part of the world?

These DIP package parts are very reasonably priced, considering how much better they perform than the generic NE5534 / TL071 / etc 's from the distributors here. I'm stocking up so they can be my standard 'cooking' opamp for DIY.

GB total stands at 147 pieces. I'm considering buying these from Digikey now, as they are showing >1000pcs stock. The price is perhaps $USD0.05 higher, but with the NZ/OZ dollar rapidly increasing in value against the greenback, the landed price will likely be the same.

Who knows what the exchange rates will be like in 6 months, I'm 'hedging' right now and stocking up while the price is in my favour

-Al.
Old 14th October 2009, 01:06 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I'll put my name down for 20 pieces, I always like to have a few good opamps on hand - at the moment, I've got a heap of OPA227 as my general-purpose single opamp, but it'd nice to have something different around too.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:58 AM   #10
glennb is offline glennb  Australia
diyAudio Member

Len, Put me down for 20 pieces. I'll send you a message with my details. Glenn, Melbourne, AU.

Hide this!Advertise here!