• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NZ / OZ GB: Nat Semi LME49710 opamp DIP8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking of putting together a group buy for some National Semiconductor LME49710 opamps for those of us 'down under' in New Zealand and Australia.

These are single opamps, in good old DIP-8 package. Part no. is LME49710NA

I contacted my local Avnet rep and got a price of USD 1.10ea for a minimum order of 360 pieces. I'll likely take 100pcs myself, so if I can get enough interest in these we should be able to get some good pricing.

I still have to check if the price includes GST (I suspect not), so for NZ, it would be something like 1.10 x 1.125 x 1.4(ish) = NZD 1.75ea

Can anyone tell me the best local prices? Do the likes of Jaycar / DS / Altronics stock these? Need a sanity check before getting too keen

Cheers,

Len.

hello Len ,

We can sell you the NS brand parts LME49710NA
The minimum order QTY for 100pcs

Pls contact with me if you have interest to our stock ,thanks

Best Regards
Elizabeth

Company:Auling International LTD
E-mail:aulingye@gmail.com
phone:86-755-88357160
Fax:86-755-88357269
Address:Room#305 ,First Building ,JinAn garden ,Fujing Road ,Futian Dist ,shenzhen 518033 China

Avnet have come back to me and say 9 weeks lead time for these parts - even though their website says 323pcs in stock. I'm calling them to find out just how many they actually have in stock. The other alternative ex-stock seems to be Digikey who show 571pcs in stock. The price from Digikey is about USD0.05 higher than Avnet once we're over 250pcs. I'll report back once I've checked with Avnet regarding their stock situation.

The list so far:

Len_Scanlan: 100
mrevie: 20
ernie: 12

Total: 132 pieces.

I suggest running this group buy until the end of October, and place the order 1st week in November for early Nov delivery to NZ. I'd like to have the parts posted out to everyone well before the Xmas holidays

-Len.

NZ / OZ GB: Nat Semi LME49710 opamp DIP8

Has anybody considered using the much more expensive LME49710HA ?
The LM4562HA and it's PR department renamed version, is markedly better sounding than the normal DIP 8 plastic version.
Jaycar and Altronics do not stock anything like this. Even the price of a DIP8 LM4562 from Altronics would really shock you !
SandyK

Has anybody considered using the much more expensive LME49710HA ?
The LM4562HA and it's PR department renamed version, is markedly better sounding than the normal DIP 8 plastic version.
Jaycar and Altronics do not stock anything like this. Even the price of a DIP8 LM4562 from Altronics would really shock you !
SandyK

Hi SandyK,

I'd like to try the metal can version up against the DIP package, maybe this could be another separate GB? They *are* expensive so I wonder how much interest there would be from our part of the world?

These DIP package parts are very reasonably priced, considering how much better they perform than the generic NE5534 / TL071 / etc 's from the distributors here. I'm stocking up so they can be my standard 'cooking' opamp for DIY.

GB total stands at 147 pieces. I'm considering buying these from Digikey now, as they are showing >1000pcs stock. The price is perhaps $USD0.05 higher, but with the NZ/OZ dollar rapidly increasing in value against the greenback, the landed price will likely be the same.

Who knows what the exchange rates will be like in 6 months, I'm 'hedging' right now and stocking up while the price is in my favour

-Al.

Hi SandyK,

Yes Paypal is fine, in fact its probably the most convenient method of sorting out payment for me. I'll check my paypal account is all OK before the GB ends though.

The GB will run thru to the end of October, then I'll contact everyone who has shown interest to confirm final numbers and pricing, including postage (which shouldn't be much). I'll give you my contact details then so everyone can stay in touch.

I'm allowing a week to get all payments collected and I'll order Monday the 9th of November for delivery here about mid-month. Looks definite I'll be ordering from Digikey as they have these parts ex-stock. Anyone in Auckland I'll be happy to drop them off in person.

-Al.

Lme49710

Hi Len
I would also encourage anybody thinking of constructing the new Silicon Chip DAC kit, to plan ahead and grab some, as they will not only have good general purpose uses, but should be ideal for squeezing a little more out of the DAC which uses 6 x OPA134 (preferably) or NE5534.
SandyK

GB still open until saturday 31st October

The list so far:

Len_Scanlan: 100
mrevie: 20
ernie: 12
aardvarkash: 15
TheSeekerr: 20
glennb: 20
Bikeman: 20
SandyK: 25
paudux: 30

Total stands at 252 pieces, we're now in the $US1.154ea price break from Digikey. Prices don't drop much for quantities above this, but please sign up for the GB if you're interested. Please remember to add NZ GST (+12.5%) on top of Digikey prices

Bump...

1 week to go - if you've been hanging back considering this then now is your chance to grab some extremely good opamps!

I'm closing the GB on saturday, 31st Oct and will contact all who have expressed interest to get final quantities + payment.

-Al.

Hi Len,

Put me down for 20, guess they'll be usable for comparators if nothing else,... :rolleyes:

cheers Robert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.