• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Semisouth JFET GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, a Southsemi JFET GB.

A rough calc says around 50usd a piece, if we reach at least 100 pieces.

Shipping cost will be quite a bit less, if somebody volunteers to distribute them in the States.

To make this happen within a reasonable time limit, deadline is set to Sunday October 11th.

Magura :)

EDIT: TeaBag will do the distribution in the states.

Last edited:
I take care of any other destinations, than the states, so yes.

There are so far no price for matched, and if there are going to be any matched (depending how big interest), the price is going to be higher than 50usd a piece.
The reason for this, is that I would not expect to be able to match sets of more than 4, if no more than 100 fets are bought. This would also leave a lot of unusable parts as leftovers from the matching, which in turn would make the price a lot higher.

So please sign up for the number of unmatched fets you want now, and I will look into the feasibility of matching devices later.

Last edited:
Having said that, this naturally applies only if a limited amount of fets are ordered.
If we reach 300+, matching in banks of 4 would be a smaller deal, and a lot cheaper to do.

But let's see how many are interested, I personally don't expect to end up much above 150, and then it's an expensive game to match.

Metyaldanske

before making anything really foolish , be sure that Papa directly answer - is matching necessary ..... at least for his own type of Drek amp .

:clown:

I see your point, but I don't want to discuss this with half of DIYa, so the easy solution is to let people decide for themselves, if enough fets are available for matching.

But thanks for chiming in.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I will volunteer to ship anywhere, if it makes things cheaper. I can get a PCB around the world, with envelope for less than $5 bucks, add a static bag I think we are good, unless we insist on sending these in boxes. That might be a better idea.
Can order those easy enough.

I will volunteer to ship anywhere, if it makes things cheaper. I can get a PCB around the world, with envelope for less than $5 bucks, add a static bag I think we are good, unless we insist on sending these in boxes. That might be a better idea.
Can order those easy enough.

Let's see how many are interested. If I drown in 200 individuals, I'll happily accept your offer.

The cost of shipping, only goes down when you ship to the guys in your neighborhood, else I guess the difference between the cost is down to pennies.

But let's not put the cart in front of the horse, so to speak.

First let's see if we can reach a reasonable number of fets, then we deal with logistics.

After all, I doubt if anybody cares much, if this turns out 1 usd more or less per person, as long as we get our hands on those fets.

I would like 4, but it might be eight!

I would like to offer the disclaimer concerning the need for matching.

Two hundred dollars of stuff that cannot really be used ...

But, I am assuming if some serious roadblcok is found the whole thing will collapse.

THANKS to you and TEA BAG for organizing this.

Rick McInnis

No, they are not going to be individually labeled, that is simply waste of my time, as it serves no purpose to anyone, besides a number to look at, and something to bicker about afterwards.

I have offered to match them for free, and it's going to be done the fastest reliable way possible, as I also have other things to do.

Please do take note of the previous posts.

Special requests will be ignored, as I have explained previously what the requirements are.
I think it is reasonable to do so, as this is going to take a lot of time and effort already as is.

It is stated that if we get enough to match them, without ending up with too many odd numbers, then I will match them.

So far, they are not matched, and state your requirements accordingly.

The only requests that will be put on the list, are the ones that follows the guidelines.
Including the word "if" or "maybe" in your request, will also make me have to ignore it.

In a couple of days, we will know how many this amounts to, and then I will decide if it's enough to go for matching. Save your requests till then, if you need them matched.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.