• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High quality input and V.A. stage buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!

I just captured a schematic for an: "Ultrahigh performance input stage and VA stage combination." out of a well-known power amplifier design book. The original designer of this circuit is Randy Slone*

It is an input stage and voltage amplifier stage designed for operation at +/-50v rails. You can run it at higher or lower voltages with some adjustments.

The schematic consists of two complementary differential input and darlington voltage-amplifier stages including current limiting, two-pole compensation, and cascode loading.

If you're building a single channel amplifier you would need one of these boards, some sort of input switcher/"preamp", and a power output stage. If you're not sure what this means, it's probably not for you!

All I'm asking for right now is if anyone is interested in this. If there is significant interest I will re-lay the board for 4 layers so that I can use a full ground plane.

The board is not a cram-job and I tried to use minimal vias for signals. If I can get interest for a 4 layer design, there will probably be no vias for signals (just for tapping onto pwr/gnd layers)

(most of) the transistors are SOT-23 and most of the resistors 0805 size. I will probably offer a parts kit.

The two-layer board is about 10 square inches (2.75 * 3.65)

The initial cost is $12.

I'd like to gauge interest at this point.

---
* I believe this is fair use because the author of the book is no longer selling kits or boards, I've created my own artwork, the only company selling kits is in
Australia and it doesn't even look like they're actually selling anything like this board. I'm not going to make any profit.
---

Attachments

• board_comp.png
    board_comp.png
    31 KB · Views: 104
  • input_va.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 106
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.