HV Shunt Regulator 2009 GB - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2009, 10:26 AM   #11
JimT is offline JimT  Canada
diyAudio Member

I would like two of these.

Jim
Old 10th September 2009, 12:32 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Again, please send me a private email with your username, full name, address and quantity order. I don't accept order posted on the site only. So JimT and Relder send email. Thanks.

Last edited by Algar_emi; 10th September 2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:41 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

PCB Info: PCB Dimensions: 3.40" x 5.0"
Specs: FR4 material, double sided, with silkscreen and soldermask, gold immersion finish

Just got a confirmation for the price. It is unchanged since last year, 26.75$ each, quantity of 30, plus taxes and shipping charges to me. So I'm still asking 30$ each. Price drop by 4$ if we reach qty: 50. The only way to get the price really lower would be to order a very big quantity, for example 200 of these. But it will never happen. There is just not enough interest for this project for such a large quantity.

This is not the cheaper PCB, without options. It got all of them including the gold immersion. I didn't try to go for the cheapest, but the best quality. Buyers of the previous GB were very please with it. Also the silkscreen is a big plus for the less experienced guys. It helps a lot during the assembly and testing. I know my stuff. It is not the first group buy that I do, and at the end the best product, with no chance for errors, is always the best alternative. A Recall of parts, late fix, refund, etc, are no fun and take a lot of work. I just remember the problem we had with the TT Motor controller project and the machined custom pulley problem. That was an experience I would like not to repeat, believe me.

I'm not changing supplier since the one I have got me the PCB right and of professional quality. I don't have the time to search for other alternative, or try an other supplier that could get it wrong, etc... I don't trust Ink Jet process. This PCB has some very fine traces, and need very fine process resolution.

Sorry but my time is in very short supply, and I try to get this GB this year to help the many members that sent me email since the last one.

Cheaper alternative is always to make your own PCB, but it takes time and investment in tools and chemical. I know I got all the stuff myself. This is what I did for the first prototype. The documentation available is what I used to make my own. You can always do so as well. Believe me you can easily spend 20$ just doing it by yourself, and you won't get the same quality as this one. I would not charge lower than 25$ myself if I had to do it manually for just a few pieces. It is a lot of work.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:55 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Yes the parts list is still valid. As for any parts replacement, well I'm not the one to judge, since I'm not the original designer. You'll have to figure that one by yourself. You can always experiment with it but the end result is not warranty to work. For my part I would stick to the original parts.
Old 10th September 2009, 01:04 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Update:
Kjay 6PCB
Kenev 2PCB
JimT 2PCB
Relder 2PCB
Audiohifi 2PCB
Total: 14

I still miss information (name, address, email, etc) from Kenev, JimT, Relder and Audiohifi. Please send them to me so I can complete your file. I cannot accept order if I don't know how to get in touch with you and were to send the PCB. Thanlks...

Quantity going up rapidly
Old 10th September 2009, 10:05 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Update:
Kjay 6PCB
Kenev 2PCB
JimT 2PCB
Relder 2PCB
Audiohifi 2PCB
Difoul 6 PCB
Danfrank 4 PCB

Total: 24

We may be able to order 50 and get a better price
Old 11th September 2009, 04:32 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Interest seems to slow down. I may close the GB at 30 PCB, and order them right away. I can certainly sell the remaining 6 PCB. I'll be gone for work most of the time until mid November pretty soon, so I won't have much time left anyway. I'll wait one more week. But not much more. Hurry if you want to get it.
Old 11th September 2009, 05:13 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I don't know if this would be considered off topic but what are good substitutes for the OPA655P opamp?
Old 11th September 2009, 05:44 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Please read the documentation included with last year thread, see beginning of this thread. My own version of the PCB was designed for the more easy to find OPA656, not the 655 that need the pins 7 and 5. These pins are not connected on my own PCB. The 656 is what is recommended in my parts list.

The OPA656 is available for example from www.mouser.com, so there is no need to find a substitute

The PCB accepts DIL8 and SOIC-8 surface mount packages, so no problem there as well.

UPDATE:
Kjay 6PCB
Kenev 2PCB
JimT 2PCB
Relder 2PCB
Audiohifi 2PCB
Difoul 6 PCB
Danfrank 4 PCB
hearinspace 2 PCB
leadfinger 2 PCB

Total: 28 <-- ONLY 2 PCB left, unless I goes for the higher quantity of 50
Old 11th September 2009, 09:01 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

From the original thread, here a view of this 656 op-amp - U1 PCB section. You can see that both DIP8 and SIOC-8 are supported on the same layout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg u1_pcb%20detail.jpg (71.5 KB, 550 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!