NEW Silonex LDRs for Lightspeed Attenuator - Page 18 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2011, 11:23 PM   #171
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Okay
After a primer from AndrewT about how close matching must be to support a real balanced situation I had decided to never again sell balanced LDRs and I wont. In fact I wont be matching LDRs anymore except for you die hards who want to build the exact Lightspeed circuit.
I figured out how to control these things without any microcomputers or anything like that. I will reveal all (oooh the mystery! ) soon. But I am super excited. It hit me this morning like a ton of bricks. The circuit will be able to match to the tenth of an ohm or even lower and will work for single ended or balanced. No matching. None. You guys have no idea how excited I am at the prospect of not matching LDRs for this circuit!!
The same circuit will allow down to 6Ohms shunt for a near mute and if I pair it with my LDR based input switching circuit I WILL get mute using only optocouplers, no relays, none of that.
If you have been waiting or wanting a balanced solution that really is truly balanced and not one that has discrepancies between X/L/R's resistance then this is going to take the caked. Its a super simple circuit, replicated numerous times on the board but using only a few extra LDRs. The extra LDRs only come into play when we want super low volume and then they turn on one by one til we have 4 in parallel shunted to ground giving us 10R and then another optocoupler comes into play to give us another 6R in parallel to that 10R for our mute. Trust me that will be muted. You wont hear a thing.
Awwgh!! Man I am really psyched about this. I can hardly wait to share it with you guys.
Uriah

Hide this!Advertise here!