• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Hi Salas,
If I understood well, there is a 7812 reg in the DCB1 board.
Is it worth to use a better one?
I have some very good one from Paul Hynes, setted to 100mA, Output.
If it is a good thing to use it, is 100mA output enough?
Thanks
Polaron, are you planning to build a DCB1?
If so, then research your proposed project. It deserves some input from you.
Read the Thread, find out what the DCB1 does. Find out what the various areas do and how each of them work.
Read.

Did you ever find the answer to this question about running two paralleled outputs?

I believe you want to place a resistor in the audio signal out of th DCB1 board to the signal path connector of the 1st RCA out and then another resistor parallel out of the DCB1 to the 2nd RCA out. I cant remember the value of the resistor

I'm running a bi-amp system. Could I install a second pair of paralleled outputs on the DCB1 running one pair to an active xover for bass only and the second pair running straight into the main amp bypassing the xover?

Thanks

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Blatant Chinese Mez clone. Finally I am namelessly famous in Taobao LOL

P.S. No its not the same board quality, its not even double sided, and it does not accept the same audio grade relays. The one in the DIYA shop is proper and much better quality. Plus the MOSFETS are not near the edges enough to sink them with anything more than small clip-on sinks. So no hot-rod ability.

I found all parts for the buffer... except LEDS!!!!
I tried hard not to come to this forum for these questions, but need help for leds!
I am getting crazy because I can't find those leds.
Boom says 2mcd, 1,7 to 1,8 Volts, 20 ma, but also says
"Adjust RLed ON resistor value for brightness to your liking"
Can someone give me a reference or a link to buy the right leds?
May be other than 20ma and other than 2mcd... I guess. But What?
I received flat leds in my kit, I know that those are more accurate.
Thank you!

If someone is interested, I can post many links for the parts I found, including some better parts. It can help diyers who are not used to buy parts other than just resistors or caps...

Last edited: