• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Joined 2001
Paid Member
see if this helps...

Attachments

• MezSch.gif
    MezSch.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 389
What you want it for? Wanna make a personal Mez layout?

I wouldnt know where to start. I just finished building the lighter note and need to build something for source selection.
Luckily for me my brother is an elec engineer so he does most of the work for me. He wants to look at the schematic to look at before i buy. A member who was in the last GB has offered me a board.

Thanks for the help guys:)

Thanks William, your build looks great!

Last edited:
I'm trying to work out, what is hypno & mesmerize? Some reference to SOAD I think...

There is going to be another group buy? Is there a photo of the latest PCB or is it still being worked on?

Is that relay necessary? Just a pop or something or does it damage speakers?

What are the power supply requirements? My only real criticism is that it requires 2 AC inputs, or one input with center tap. IMO it is better to take a single AC input, and then use a volt doubler PSU. That way you can use a standard AC wall wart (cheaper, easier, safer, no grounding problems or AC hum, etc). Bigger caps are needed for volt doubler PSU but that's no big deal.

Does everyone use the onboard shunt PSU? Any comments on it's subjective performance? Anyone already experiment with different PSUs or voltage regs?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
mr. Duck,
We are doing a new group buy for a hot-rodded hynotize like board.
About a week or two, I will show you what the new board's will look like.
The power supply is what it is, and subjective listening test, and objective measuring test have been very positive. the link on my current signature should lead you to the current group buy.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I'm trying to work out, what is hypno & mesmerize? Some reference to SOAD I think...

There is going to be another group buy? Is there a photo of the latest PCB or is it still being worked on?

What are the power supply requirements? My only real criticism is that it requires 2 AC inputs, or one input with center tap. IMO it is better to take a single AC input, and then use a volt doubler PSU. That way you can use a standard AC wall wart (cheaper, easier, safer, no grounding problems or AC hum, etc). Bigger caps are needed for volt doubler PSU but that's no big deal.

Does everyone use the onboard shunt PSU? Any comments on it's subjective performance? Anyone already experiment with different PSUs or voltage regs?

Yes, SOAD.

Yes, a special edition in blue, including 2 popular mods and space for bigger, better components. Prototype about to be ordered.

Necessary, there is DC on output when closing down.

Requirement is either a double secondary 15+15V Tx with mid wires going to the centre point of the AC input pcb connector or a 15-0-15V 3 wire centre tapped. 50VA or more massive.

The onboard LED referenced shunt regs are arrived at after having tested with 317/337 also. Their contribution to the total resolution and signature result is decisive.

You asked in one post what is covered by the building DCB1, DCB1GB, & Simplistic shunt regs threads in technical and historical detail. For more, you can investigate those.

Take your time and read the WHOLE thread and the one that Tea-bag pointed out to you. All the questions and opinions you have asked have been resolved already with details. You will need to do that if you wanna success properly, there is transistor matching involved and some extra knowledge.

Subjective performance is excellent. I doubt that it may be possible to dessign a much better PSU or a more minimalist and effective discrete preamp stage. You can read tons of opinions on the thread too.

Regards,
Regi