• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Yep - and maybe it wouldn't be that big a job to do it, given that the pics of the layouts are shown earlier in the thread?

Not being too hard on XaudioX. **** happens in peoples lives and you don't get back to things for a while. He hasn't taken anyones money or anything - and in fairness to him, he did a layout and tested that it works. Thats a fair bit of ground work done already for us. Of course if he is now not able to go further, I say we should thank him for what he has done so far, and move on. This is too good a project to let it lie.

Fran

I am invested in this project... Transistors, relays, LEDs etc. not to mention very excited about it. Let's see what we can do. Does anyone have anything that will generate a gerber? I will work on what I can find in the next few days. Have to finish my bathroom this weekend and then I will dedicate to this. I know we can get it done!!

Look how many want´s the Basic verision to,I thought it looked XaudioX had a working prototype of the Basic one too.
Or else,I´m in to making the boards my self like I was going to when this all this started.I sure would like to know if there will be boards or not..:confused:

Personally, I'd like both - but I could live with just the Deluxe.

And, I'm wondering if the wiki is still working... anybody know???

Last edited:
Sounds like they're still working on the wiki... which kinda confirms what I read in a different thread.

EDIT - My bad :) - actually there a link on the home page saying 48 hours. Sounds great to me!!!

Thanks for checking. Hopefully when they get it working the old linky will worky.

Last edited:
Design Progress

The basic and the deluxe designs were at their best towards the end of this whole process. The wiki shows a huge interest in both of them. We should try to move forward from where the designs were at that point. It helps to have the output relay in the basic design for example.

xaudiox, aka Ferdinand Calma - 5067 Abacan Malabanias, Angeles City 2009, Philippines - has a business selling his stuff on eBay and I can only assume that he is trying to hold us all hostage until he can add the basic and the deluxe to his product lineup.

Ferds, as he likes to call himself, has even sold stuff on eBay to Vladimir Simovich as evidenced by this letter that he photographed for his photobucket. Anybody that Ferd ever sold to on eBay has his/her full then current adress on photobucket by the way.

You just have to like people like Ferd.

Attachments

• 2008-12-23_247.jpg
    2008-12-23_247.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just because there are Elves

La Ode and I, we could not accept the fact that people's GB suffered.

So we silently cooperated and here they are!

Brand new boards, basic or fully 6 input relay switched, both with delay circuits, accepting 5V or 12V relays by the simple use of a couple of resistors or a jumper.

Both boards are single copper layer, hence they can be even more economic to make. I have the .brd Eagle format files (widely accepted by PCB makers).

Calling Ryssen et all to have a second look for mistakes, and if still interested, I will only send the .brd and schematic Eagle files to the new GB managers. You can then check with PCB makers if all is well and get quotes so to restart the GB.

CRT has done this for absolutely no personal gain, he even has DC B1 with shunts already as you know. It wasn't easy, we had to cooperate a lot. The guy is super. I congratulate him.

The only thing I want to suggest if the GB is resurrected, is to do the decent thing and the GB make for him a couple of free boards as a souvenir and a thanks.

He named the basic board ''HYPNOTIZE'' and the fully featured board ''MEZMERIZE'' inspired by his favorite band S.O.A.D

People, this is about as good as a simple solid state buffer can get. Enjoy.:cloud9:

Attachments

• Hypnotize.gif
    Hypnotize.gif
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Mezmerize.gif
    Mezmerize.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 983
Wow ... amazing ... thank you!

That is so cool!

I was also hoping to resurrect the GB with a new board design, but my schedule was going to be "sometime in the fall".

What a great thing to do! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

As soon as the wiki is back up I will up my order for boards to include crt's souvenirs.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That is so cool!
As soon as the wiki is back up I will up my order for boards to include crt's souvenirs.

CRT did not mention anything, it was my suggestion. I think its better for the whole GB to cheap in I guess, arranged by the new GB manager to be. It would be more symbolic. Then again, you said it first... Anyway, CRT and I want to thank you people for the interest you have shown into our little B1 twist so to make it a GB. Good luck with it this time.

Either way, Salas. At some point during the first round there was a proposal to include a donation to diyaudio and a thank you gift in the price of the boards.

I am still totally in favor of that.

My spontaneous offer stands regardless. It is simply an expression of my gratitude to you and CRT, as well as an expression of my relief that trying to rework the pcb design is off my "schedule" for the fall.

Thank you one more time.

Nice boards!

I do not know if I have the resources, but whatever I can do to assist here in the US, let me know. Shipping to the US folks or whatever.

I don´t think Cogra that I used as pcb maker,can compete with e.x http://www.pcbcore.com/ with the price.And if I shoul use pccore I have to pay
tax and stuff as I am in euroep,so I think its better if sommeone outside of europe does the GB,as you don´t have to pay tax when you recive the pcb´s
(is that right)pcbcore has a quote system that we can use.What do you think?
I will assist in any other way that I can.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
thanks for the work guys.
Salas, does the hypnotize have an issue still possibly with offset during power on/off as we discussed earlier?

I can front some money to have the boards made (cost pending of course) and can do some shipping. I am more uncertain about ordering quality boards and dealing with PCB manufacturers. Is pcbcore the way to go? I would be unsure about next steps if too many questions are asked. I would certainly order a small # first to make sure they work...