GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs - Page 53 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2009, 01:39 AM   #521
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is pcbcore the way to go?
They have a place at this forum at Vendor forums.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pcbcore/
So I don´t know if they have some sort of co-operation?
Please give more suggestions on pcb makers..
Old 28th August 2009, 01:49 AM   #522
iko is offline iko  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Two more places we could investigate.

http://e-teknet.com/PCB%20Promotion.htm

and

http://www.pcbcart.com

The first is the US, the second I think it's in China (website under maintenance right now). Both seem to have pretty low prices.
Old 28th August 2009, 01:57 AM   #523
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
thanks for the work guys.
Salas, does the hypnotize have an issue still possibly with offset during power on/off as we discussed earlier?

I can front some money to have the boards made (cost pending of course) and can do some shipping. I am more uncertain about ordering quality boards and dealing with PCB manufacturers. Is pcbcore the way to go? I would be unsure about next steps if too many questions are asked. I would certainly order a small # first to make sure they work...
No, it has an ON delay circuit with a relay that also releases the output at once when DC B1 is turned OFF. The problem was that during the filter caps slow discharge the offset could climb. I had this relay feature in my original. Crt just didn't have it in his original because he knew all his amps are AC coupled.

If you could do prototypes to see if there is a mistake somewhere before you start the GB, is all the better.
Old 28th August 2009, 02:36 AM   #524
diyAudio Member

Excellent news! This was too great of a project to die. Thanks for everyone's efforts!

Bill
Old 28th August 2009, 11:04 AM   #525
cHoc is offline cHoc  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to cHoc
Yes, this is very good news. Thank you, Salas and Crt, for your work as to not let this GB die.

Great thanks for your effort!!!
I was already thinking of doing it ptp on perfboards...
Old 28th August 2009, 10:19 PM   #526
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
thanks for the work guys.
Salas, does the hypnotize have an issue still possibly with offset during power on/off as we discussed earlier?

I can front some money to have the boards made (cost pending of course) and can do some shipping. I am more uncertain about ordering quality boards and dealing with PCB manufacturers. Is pcbcore the way to go? I would be unsure about next steps if too many questions are asked. I would certainly order a small # first to make sure they work...
Tea-Bag,

I would be willing to organize something for Europe but like you it would be the first time doing something like this. I would suggest that if we used pcbcore then we can both get samples and then place two orders.

I am not sure how many people in Europe have shown an interest nor how many of each type they wanted - waiting for the Wiki - but if Salas could send me the Eagle files I will try to check them against the schematic and if OK get some boards made, populated and tested.

If anyone has any info on how companies like pcbcore operate or have had dealings with them please pm me.

Salas - please send me the Eagle files and I will do what I can.

Alan
Old 28th August 2009, 10:47 PM   #527
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
No, it has an ON delay circuit with a relay that also releases the output at once when DC B1 is turned OFF.
Is there a BOM for the new boards?
and thank you for your work!

Quote:
I would be willing to organize something for Europe but like you it would be the first time doing something like this.
Just be aware of that you probably will have to pay tax when you recive the boards as you are from Europe.
Whick I think people in the USA don´t have to pay,Is that right that you don´t pay tax when you recive e.x pcb´s or parts from abroad?
Old 28th August 2009, 10:51 PM   #528
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanElsdon View Post
Tea-Bag,

I would be willing to organize something for Europe but like you it would be the first time doing something like this. I would suggest that if we used pcbcore then we can both get samples and then place two orders.

I am not sure how many people in Europe have shown an interest nor how many of each type they wanted - waiting for the Wiki - but if Salas could send me the Eagle files I will try to check them against the schematic and if OK get some boards made, populated and tested.

If anyone has any info on how companies like pcbcore operate or have had dealings with them please pm me.

Salas - please send me the Eagle files and I will do what I can.

Alan
OK I will mail you. We have tested with Tea-Bag that the .brd extracted Gerbers through Eagle successfully.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:57 PM   #529
diyAudio Member

Is there a complete schematic anywhere?? I searched the thread and didn't find anything.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:59 PM   #530
diyAudio Chief Moderator

What thread you searched? Building a symmetrical psu B1 buffer

Hide this!Advertise here!