Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 07:58 PM   #201
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
I hate to say, but this begins to look messy

Please, we need to find a way to get control of this
__________________
sometimes we know very little, and sometimes we know too much
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 08:24 PM   #202
billyk is offline billyk  United States
diyAudio Member
 
billyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North Central Mass, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tinitus
I hate to say, but this begins to look messy

Please, we need to find a way to get control of this

Yes, please. I did not want to derail the fine work going on here, but somewhere after Post #142 when we said we were good to go something happened and now we have relays and powersupplies for relays, etc. This is all well and good, but I still vote for what we originally started out with and would like that to happen, here or in another GB.
It looks to be an informal 3 people so far with this thought.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 08:48 PM   #203
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Ryssen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden--> Here
Yes,but the problem was that I only had the pdf file.So sommeone had to redo it in a layoutprog,and that was done in post 153
and if those files are for us to use,I don´t know?
__________________
Regards Åke
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 08:50 PM   #204
xaudiox is offline xaudiox  Philippines
diyAudio Member
 
xaudiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
hi guys.. i'm with the group decision.... sorry if i took too many request.. just make the final decision so we can move forward..
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 08:53 PM   #205
pchw is offline pchw  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fremont, California
Quote:
Originally posted by billyk



Yes, please. I did not want to derail the fine work going on here, but somewhere after Post #142 when we said we were good to go something happened and now we have relays and powersupplies for relays, etc. This is all well and good, but I still vote for what we originally started out with and would like that to happen, here or in another GB.
It looks to be an informal 3 people so far with this thought.
How about make it 4 :-)
__________________
- Fred -
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 08:56 PM   #206
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Ryssen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden--> Here
Personaly I don´t need the relays.but I am going to build at last one buffer,and use the others for only PSU.So I guess I´m in on the one without relays.

But if we get a 50-50 situation we could do 2 GB..
__________________
Regards Åke
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 09:08 PM   #207
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Are we going for the original single sided board, or the one in post 153?
Either way is fine with me

The version with double bridge is nice, though I would still suggest to make common ground after supply caps, because of ground connections to other active parts, but just a minor detail

A more advanced full blown board should be done in a new GB, and Im with that one too, when it happens
Maybe with LDR attenuator
__________________
sometimes we know very little, and sometimes we know too much
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 09:50 PM   #208
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Ryssen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden--> Here
Quote:
Are we going for the original single sided board, or the one in post 153? Either way is fine with me
I like the possibility of using heatsinks.

Quote:
A more advanced full blown board should be done in a new GB
Yes,maybee you are right there.. or who knows where it will end..
__________________
Regards Åke
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 09:52 PM   #209
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
 
jean-paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany
Please forget about the double bridge and read the posts why it is not OK to use 2. This was explained at least twice.

OK, if anyone wants something different things will start to look messy as the requests won't stop and they 'll all be different or even contradictionary. Nevertheless the board got better and better so till now things only have moved forward.

What is the project ? A design of the PCB for a symmetrical version of B1 as designed by Salas based on Pass labs B1 enhanced with a shunt power supply. It is NOT a stand alone power supply for other purposes but it can be used that way. If you want so you are on your own. This thread is about a buffer with its own power supply.

Who is in control of decisions ? IMO the designer is leading. To avoid further confusion some of us will have to make decisions and the designer must be willing to carry out the work. It seems xaudiox wants to do the full job for us which leaves the question who decides what the design will be. Voting is OK but it will take time. If the design should cater for anyones wishes we won't ever see it finished I guess. Democracy has disadvantages too.

The advantage of a full fledged PCB ( or separated into 1 PCB with the supply and 1 with the buffer as proposed by xaudiox ) is that you can simply omit what you don't need. So it will be enough for all whereas a simple version will need extra circuitry which means more work for those that wanted a full version. A simple version needs extra PCB's and wiring for standard functionality so why not go for a complete design ? Board space is not that expensive anyway. Just my 2 cents.

So let's make a decision. Who wants a complete solution where the extra's simply can be omitted and who does not ? As you can see I am positive about a full solution but I would agree with the simple version if the majority would like that.
__________________
It's only audio. Official member of the Norske Brillegeit Gang.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 10:06 PM   #210
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Ryssen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden--> Here
Quote:
The advantage of a full fledged PCB ( or separated into 1 PCB with the supply and 1 with the buffer as proposed by xaudiox ) is that you can simply omit what you don't need. So it will be enough for all whereas a simple version will need extra circuitry which means more work for those that wanted a full version. A simple version needs extra PCB's and wiring for standard functionality so why not go for a complete design ? Board space is not that expensive anyway. Just my 2 cents.
Do you mean the pcb in 3 parts?One with the PSU one with the buffer and one with the relays?Would that be possible?
So all is satisfied..maybe the price doesn´t have to much higher.
__________________
Regards Åke
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2