GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs - Page 204 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2010, 12:46 AM   #2031
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
If there is need for more Mez, people can sign up. If it breaks 100 mark we can ask for a production run of the classic Mez in heavy copper, plated holes, red color.
Since it was already announced several times that it is out of production I think this news comes too late. That is the thing with sales; if the seller himself announces a new version or that the old one should die like in post 2027 the seller should not expect that any new customers will order that particular existing product. New = better -> you know what I mean.

I am sure if you would announce a new Mez version with wider double gold cladded tracks, 4 caps, TO220 diodes, Ko-On/Lightspeed volume potentiometer and in pink color as that is THE color for summer 2010 it would sell again and probably even more than the simple version that still is .. a simple version

Last edited by jean-paul; 7th June 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:48 AM   #2032
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

We have posted that it can be done, before. For now Tea has some classic black Mez still for anyone needing a fully relay input switched DCB1. There was a Mez column on his Google sheet all along.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:55 AM   #2033

I think we are going to argue as it can be done but still there was said it was out of production and that the last ones were available. That alone is enough for public opinion.

But we are going from left to right in this discussion. It started with me thinking that the blue version will IMO be used for the supply part. Now you told a real "supply only" version will exist demand for the blue version will stabilize if I am assuming correctly. We wait and see.

Last edited by jean-paul; 7th June 2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:56 AM   #2034
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
I am sure if you would announce a new Mez version with wider double gold cladded tracks, 4 caps, TO220 diodes, Ko-On/Lightspeed volume potentiometer and in pink color it would sell again and more than a simple version
I would have called it ''Pretty In Pink''. Take it or leave it.
Old 7th June 2010, 01:00 AM   #2035

I leave it except when it will be made for real! I could not care less about the color to be honest.

I suppose most have a problem with that Alps RK27 or they just love making those godawful wire nests otherwise I can't explain why people prefer a simple version (while choosing the non simple road for source selection/volume control with that same simple version)

Goodnight

Last edited by jean-paul; 7th June 2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 7th June 2010, 01:02 AM   #2036
diyAudio Chief Moderator

See ya! Take care.
Old 9th June 2010, 09:08 AM   #2037
diyAudio Member

Jean-paul, remember that this is a GB for a DC coupled preamp with excelent performace. If we wanted a PSU group buy, we would have done that, making a proper and optimized board for that purpose.
We have the versatility that it can be used too just as a PSU, but it is not the main idea.

Regarding the Mezmerize, is had less demand than Hypnotize in the last GB, so I can't see anything strange in not offering a multiple-input option. Some of us only use one source for audio, so no need to use a bigger board. And, as Salas said, there was a column in the spreadsheet for signing up for the Mez version, but people preferred the simpler approach. It's just a problem of lack of demand. Being only a bunch of customers, each board would have a very high price, leaving even less customers than before knowing the price.

I don't think Salas is against the multiple input version. But if there's no demand, what else can he do?

BTW, this regulator board looks impressive Salas
Old 9th June 2010, 10:14 AM   #2038
jeepy is offline jeepy  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiregi22 View Post
Jean-paul, remember that this is a GB for a DC coupled preamp with excelent performace. If we wanted a PSU group buy, we would have done that, making a proper and optimized board for that purpose.
We have the versatility that it can be used too just as a PSU, but it is not the main idea.

Regarding the Mezmerize, is had less demand than Hypnotize in the last GB, so I can't see anything strange in not offering a multiple-input option. Some of us only use one source for audio, so no need to use a bigger board. And, as Salas said, there was a column in the spreadsheet for signing up for the Mez version, but people preferred the simpler approach. It's just a problem of lack of demand. Being only a bunch of customers, each board would have a very high price, leaving even less customers than before knowing the price.

I don't think Salas is against the multiple input version. But if there's no demand, what else can he do?

BTW, this regulator board looks impressive Salas
Hyptnotize is much than fine for me!
Old 9th June 2010, 11:11 AM   #2039
jeepy is offline jeepy  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepy View Post
Hyptnotize is much than fine for me!
Funny thing! I have seen a message on my mail box saying 'Jean-Paul.........'
So I figured it was for me! My name is Jean-Paul Too! Anyway good to awake me up! I am still interested!
Regards,
jeepy-Jean-Paul
Old 9th June 2010, 02:01 PM   #2040
diyAudio Member

LOL!

Hide this!Advertise here!