• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Hi Guys,

I was able to finished the Deluxe B1 prototype but i didnt had the time to test it. I did'nt noticed that i dont have double sided pcb left, so what i did was i modified the layout a bit to make it a single sided. Will do some test tomorrow.. Thanks

DSC03803.jpg

DSC03798.jpg

its alive....

after some problems with the shunt psu section and it turns out to be bad leds..:D thanks very much to Salas who answered every questions i've asked..

its finally working.. its been playing now for about 20mins now.. i'm impressed, very clean sound, no hum/hiss or even any noise from my speakers.

my setup.

Denon DCD-1650GL > Buffalo24 Dac > DELUXE B1 > F5 > Wharfedale P-10

deluxe_b1_proto.jpg

sorry for the quality of the photo.. i only have my phone camera right now..

DC offset at max vol is about 1.5-2mV. B1 jfets are matched pairs from spencer.

will test it more later using my scope and signal gen..

thanks

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Works perfectly, square waves exactly like mine. Starts to curve the leading edge at 200kHz as in mine. No trace of ringing. Also I saw no jittery sine wave up to your 1MegHz pic, no evident RF noise. You don't use the optional input filter for now. Congratulations again.:)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
P.S. With double bridges and 2X12V EI trafo in the pic, you got +/-14.5V Vin, as you wrote me. Have you got 2X12V secondary measurement? Is your primary healthy at nominal? (Or its due to just the more diode drop passes?), its working alright, but I would like to recommend 2X15V 50VA trafo for being on the safe side instead of 2X12V that was with single bridge on the CRT's La Ode original. That is to accommodate any mains on the low side, and be sure that the CCS Leds will have enough difference so to drop nominally, sometimes they will be more than 1.7V - 1.8V on some guys, etc. Don't want to squeeze it in a Sunday noon cooking frenzy or in a July heatwave air con max.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
But if you measure its secondary as it is loaded now when working, is it 12VAC X 2? That is I wanna know. Is the mains as it should be as you measure it? So to know if 2X12VAC can or can not go higher. Many people may have 2X12VAC small trafos around you see, and its good to know what is going on with your set up.