• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

The Mez is a nice board so I am definately interested. Should i delay payment until we know if the GB goes through ?
Im having a bit of trouble sourcing the parts locally. And Mouser charges 20 Euros in shipping!!
Can i use a l7812cv instead of the l7812acv ?
Likewise Mouser reports the relays as "Not available" so i plan to use a G5A 12V instead.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its a sign up sheet. There is no payment method there yet as you can see. If it goes 50pcs in 15-20days it will be OK. If it goes only say 25, Tea will have to recalculate. Then if it is sustainable he will say, guys its on, you can pay up.
Any compatible 10 pin non latching 12V or 5V relay with same dimensions can be accommodated. Check TQ2 Panasonic datasheet for compatibility. All 7812 will do. Just use a little sink on it to be on the safe side. When we did the Blue, some people said do the Mez again, some took Tea's very last 1oz Mez stash on the fly. So we promised there will be a 2nd life Mez little run attempt at a point. Here is the chance in 2oz copper, now that the Blue is over. If there is some sign up interest will be happy to reissue.

Attachments

• TQ2.gif
    TQ2.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 314
Its a sign up sheet. There is no payment method there yet as you can see. If it goes 50pcs in 15-20days it will be OK. If it goes only say 25, Tea will have to recalculate. Then if it is sustainable he will say, guys its on, you can pay up.
Any compatible 10 pin non latching 12V or 5V relay with same dimensions can be accommodated. Check TQ2 Panasonic datasheet for compatibility. All 7812 will do. Just use a little sink on it to be on the safe side. When we did the Blue, some people said do the Mez again, some took Tea's very last 1oz Mez stash on the fly. So we promised there will be a 2nd life Mez little run attempt at a point. Here is the chance in 2oz copper, now that the Blue is over. If there is some sign up interest will be happy to reissue.

what is the source pcb file format? i would be willing to help with minor updates if i can read the source files into my pcb layout software.

-tincanear

Joined 2006
Paid Member
the artwork files are gerber format (.top, .bot, etc) but the files were created using some sort of layout program like PADS, Eagle, Allegro, etc.

Does CRT have the source files that were created from the schematic netlist?

The problem with revisions is the desire to have it prototyped before use, and that can be costly. If we don't do that and there is a mistake, everyone will have to tweak or they'll be upset with me. I don't really want to deal with that. A reissue would let us move right along as is.

tea-bag:

weren't there some changes implemented on big blue that should be incorporated into the mez? or am i mistaken?

if there is sufficient demand ( > 50 units), then a proto run of 3 bds @ $33 each could be amortized over the entire run adding about $2 per board.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
if there is sufficient demand ( > 50 units), then a proto run of 3 bds @ $33 each could be amortized over the entire run adding about $2 per board.

Its not like that, it goes very high for just 1 because they gear up and program the machines exactly as for production. Add the components cost it must be fully populated with for a proto. We got to know there are no glitches with the actual Gerbers and actual producer, not just make a test layout for the functioning & electrical properties only in some third party express pcb test.

Um couple of questions.
This is for the blue single in single out unit with the spot for the volume control correct?
I cant find the thread on this dc coupled buffer. I know its out there.
How much does it cost to build this thing?
If i already have a PS +-15vdc filtered down to 3mv ripple, do i even need the ps section?
How much would it be to build it without the ps section?
Whats the general cost of the board, $15 Plus $6 shipping or around that?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No, this is the Mezmerize with 6 relay selected inputs full buffer preamp.

If you want to make a point to point one with your existing regs, look for the thread ''building a symmetrical psu B1 buffer'' and see the basic audio circuit in the first 2 pages. About total costs I am not sure. If with generic quality components can be low.

black mez vs hypno "big blue"

Salas and tea-bag:

first of all, thanks for your efforts and continued support on the DCB1 series.

for those of us considering the black mez vs the big blue hypno, other than the ability to support 6 inputs via relay switching on the mez what are the other differences in the two boards?

don't worry, you both have convinced me not to endeavor to modify the PCB gerber files since this is a small run of mez boards (unless there is very large demand)

thanks,
tincanear