• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Z brackets group buy for your future builds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody,

Z bracket can be use to place your PCB flat on heat sink, pretty much like in B24 pictured below. This design approach let you use smaller chassis for you build or put a lot more stuff inside.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I searched the net for already fabricated Z bracket, until my head started spinning, then found these guys and decided to go custom. I found few other places but they start thinking about order only if you buy like 1000 Lb.

Get a Real-Time quote for your bracket needs.

To order just two brackets the price is just insane, but at 20 pieces, price gets more reasonable. If we can beat 25 or 50 pieces level even better.

Size:
Thickness: 3mm
Width: 360mm
L1: 24mm
L2: 11mm
L3: 20mm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This bracket size is to fit T0-220 devices. With the PCB mounted under and transistors on top of side 1 there will be about 9mm in height between the surface of the heat sink and the bottom of the board, plenty space to run some wires or install SDM parts on that side.

Here is the price brake for 360mm width piece bracket. We can order smaller width size like 180mm but by going 360mm instead will save about 30 - 50%, and then you can cut the bracket yourself to whatever size you need.

2 -- $41
10 -- $13.20
20 -- $9.62
25 -- $8.91
50 -- $7.48

Hi,
The Z brackets will be as efficient as L brackets. And L brackets used by all pro builders without any problems. As long as you use compound between bracket and heat sink I do not see any problems if you use right heat sink in the first lace.
If you have just few MOSFETs on your heat sink, you do not need any bracket but if you have 6, 8 or 15 transistor at $8 each, like in my case, then L or Z bracket make life so much easier. If you need to get under the board to troubleshot or unsolder anything you simply can’t do it with you transistors sitting directly on heat sink.

I used L brackets several times in my amps that required a lot of heat dissipation and they work. This time my design required Z brackets so here I am.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.