GB: Kerafol Keratherm Red Isolators (TO-220 / TO-247) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th May 2009, 09:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default GB: Kerafol Keratherm Red Isolators (TO-220 / TO-247)

So, I'm trying to gauge interest in this. I discovered this product from EUVL (Patrick) in the following thread:

Mica and Goop

I ordered a sample piece and cut it myself and got very good results. Patrick also posts some results in the above thread.

The specific product I'm interested in doing a group buy on is the new Keratherm Red 86/83, which performs even better. Datasheet is here:

http://kerafol.de/jml/pdfdocs/therma...rm_rot_eng.pdf

I've contacted the US distributor and the MOQ is 1000. I've selected two precut sizes that I think will work quite well. The A and B dimensions are length and width, and the C dimension is the distance from the top to the center of the mounting hole, and D is the diameter of the hole. The dimensions in millimeters are as follows:

TO-220:
A: 18,0
B: 12,0
C: 4,5
D: 3,0

TO-247:
A: 32,0
B: 23,0
C: 7,0
D: 3,0

Both pads are 0.25mm thick.

At the moment, the cost for the TO-220 is $0.25 each and TO-247 is $0.76 each in MOQ of 1000. Shipping from me to you should be very cheap, as these can fit in a envelope with minimal weight piece of cardboard added for rigidity.

I personally have a use for ~600 of the TO-220 isolators, so there is no doubt in my mind that we can go forward with that part of the GB. My use for the TO-247 size is smaller, but I'm guessing that's what most people around here want.

Notice the pricing is around half that of the highest performing Bergquist isolators available at Digikey at a significant bump in performance. I'll leave it to you to decide if it is worth it for your application.

Anyways, my feelings won't get hurt if this GB doesn't get off the ground At this point in time, nothing is official, just trying to get an idea of the interest. Most likely I will have a minimum order size, but it's too early to state what that will be. In the past it's always been around $25, but I may lower that for this particular GB.

Thanks guys!
-Marc
Old 14th May 2009, 07:58 AM   #2
h_a is offline h_a  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi Marc,

600? Going pro, eh?

Maybe you want to consider buying a few sheets in addition to the precuts, there are a number of nice parts out there that do not use standard packages, like the 2SK1530.

Have fun, Hannes
Old 14th May 2009, 12:13 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by h_a
Maybe you want to consider buying a few sheets in addition to the precuts, there are a number of nice parts out there that do not use standard packages, like the 2SK1530.
Cutting the sheets is an experience I don't really want to do again Getting the hole exactly the right size with no shearing was kinda tricky... well, that and finding metric sized hole punches. It's hard to "aim" the hole punch, as many do not have a way to center the punch on a marked dot, for example. I just was concerned about the long term stability of this process.
Old 14th May 2009, 01:58 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in 48 of the T0-220 size; and, 16 of the TO-247 size. Thanks for doing this; and, I hope it gets going really strong.
Old 14th May 2009, 02:12 PM   #5
HaLo6 is offline HaLo6  United States
diyAudio Member

I'd like 20 TO-247 and 30 of the TO-220. I am going to have to do some trimming to get these to work for an LM3886....
Old 14th May 2009, 02:41 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

In for 40 of the 220 and 10 of the 247
Old 15th May 2009, 03:00 PM   #7
MarkLai is offline MarkLai  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Marc,
Count me in for 50 pcs each.
Thanks
Old 15th May 2009, 03:05 PM   #8
PH104 is offline PH104  United States
diyAudio Member

25 of the TO-220 and 50 of the TO-247 for me. Thanks.
Old 15th May 2009, 03:26 PM   #9
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

I am watching this with amazement.

The original post was in Oct 2006, and no one else other than Jacco had paid much attention. Hats off to Marc !!

Patrick
Old 15th May 2009, 03:59 PM   #10
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

32mm x 23mm is enormous for a To247.
It will easily fit a To264. More than 2mm spare around every edge.

Hide this!Advertise here!