Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Silonex LDRs for Lightspeed Attenuator
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th May 2009, 11:59 PM   #21
sandbasser is offline sandbasser  United States
diyAudio Member

Uriah -

I'm interested in 2 matched sets. Email sent.

Thanks,
Old 7th May 2009, 12:54 AM   #22
udailey is offline udailey  United States
Passive Aggressive
diyAudio Member

If the cheap 100k pot tracks poorly it does not matter much. It may effect your output impedance a very small amount but it will not effect the balance at all since only one of the dual pots in it will control series and only one will control shunt.
Uriah
Old 7th May 2009, 08:55 AM   #23
Fenris is offline Fenris  United States
diyAudio Member

E-mail sent. In for 30 unmatched.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:50 AM   #24
stoolpigeon is offline stoolpigeon  Australia
diyAudio Member

1 balanced set for me please. Will send email.

thanks, sp
Old 7th May 2009, 03:52 PM   #25
Passive Aggressive
diyAudio Member

Have sent out all invoices. Feel free to still place orders. If these invoices all get paid I will have almost enough to get 500 pieces but that doesnt mean we need to stop there if anyone else is interested you are welcome to order.
Uriah
Old 7th May 2009, 10:23 PM   #26
Passive Aggressive
diyAudio Member

Ordered 500 LDRs from Allied a few minutes ago. Got them for 1.50 each on the dot. Tried to get 10% off but they wouldnt budge. Forgot about Texas taxes. Oh well no big deal. There is always some financial goof in a GB and I dont mind eating this one.

Feel free to still order I wont close this group buy until I sell all matched sets so it could even be a few months.
Uriah
Old 7th May 2009, 10:27 PM   #27
cowboy99 is offline cowboy99  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Your back

Count me in.
I need to review George's LSA with Paul's VCCS and IRTR implementation and will be looking for 2 sets; but haven't pinned down whether to order enough to match them myself or let the 'pro' do it. Would 40 be enough to get two sets? At app. $1.50ea cost seems even either way. I'll let you know tomorrow.

PS. Nice 'touch' with the 'support' for DIYAudio!

Charles
Old 7th May 2009, 11:13 PM   #28
Passive Aggressive
diyAudio Member

Charles,
I know you will get a good set out of 40 and I THINK you will get two sets. If not I think you know someone who could help you out a little.
Uriah
Old 7th May 2009, 11:59 PM   #29
cowboy99 is offline cowboy99  United States
diyAudio Member

Default death and____

Thanks,
Yea, both Allied and Mouser have Texas facilities; ie. 8-8.25% sales tax. DigiKey just charges everyone their respective state tax just on 'GP'. You might qualify for 'Resale-Exemption'. See gmail !

But, I think most of us won't have a problem with $1.62ea;
WILL WE!

Charles
Old 8th May 2009, 02:24 PM   #30
Passive Aggressive
diyAudio Member

Well,
Allied refunded my order because I used a card that had my old Rhode Island address.
So I have to make the purchase again. I think I will order more since I already have over 250 unmatched LDRs requested from you guys and I feel like to do great matching I need 300+ LDRs so maybe I will order 1000.
I have had second thoughts about absorbing the taxes.
I had ordered from my old Rhode Island Allied contact and now he can not service me anymore so I have to pay 1.54 now for LDRs rather than the 1.50 he was charging me. Multiply that by 8.25% which I think is the Texas sales tax I will have to pay and we get 1.66705 per LDR. So while I dont see a good reason to charge extra to the guys that are buying single ended matched pairs since they are only getting 4 LDRs and thats a whole big total of about 68 cents I DO see a reason to pass the taxes on to the guys that are buying unmatched LDRs. When you order 50 of them for example it takes over $8 out of my pocket. So I am sorry I have to pass on this expense to you guys. I never got charged the taxes by Allied when I ordered from Rhode Island and having moved to Texas only a month ago this is my first order in this state and Allied happens to be located here which, as Charles stated, means I have to cover their high taxes. Sorry guys. I will send out extra invoices for the taxes to the guys who have ordered unmatched and will add 8.25% to unmatched orders from now on.

Still taking orders.
Uriah

Silonex LDRs for Lightspeed AttenuatorHide this!Advertise here!