• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Silonex LDRs for Lightspeed Attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LDRs arrived by FedEx yesterday. All unmatched orders have been shipped except yours Charles. Call me :)
All orders in U.S. have shipping confirmation numbers. Contact me if it is later than next Monday and you do not have them.
All International orders have customs forms and I have receipts for each customs form with customs number. Contact me if in two weeks you do not have your LDRs and I will give you your customs number as well as the address I shipped that particular box to for proof of shipment as well as a picture of the receipt with customs number and other info on it. I have had no problems in the past year shipping to other countries through an LDR group buy and a MyRefC group buy so I dont foresee any problems.
Uriah

I have not had boards produced so that I do not step on George's toes. But thats not the only reason. I did etch my own and came to think that etching was kind of a waste. This is an easy P2P or veroboard project. Boards are unnecessary. I would rather solder the LDRs directly to the amp inputs either on the RCAs or on the amp itself. You could even make them part of your RCA cables. Everyones power supply is going to be different. Some will prefer voltage to control the LDRs and some current. Some regulated some not. Some switching some linear.
I think if you desire to do this it should be asked if its okay with George.
Uriah

HaLo6 said:
Would anyone be interested in producing a low count PCB board for this maybe using PCB express or like service?

Something really simple like the following (my first PCB design ever) would cost $17 each for an order of 3 boards. Ordering 50 boards, the cost would go down to $7.25. This does not include any power supply.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That said, I wasn't aware of Uriah's concern for George's business. Probably much easier to just use perf board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.