• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Canadian GB for Goldwood GW-1858?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
spind said:
Q-Components in Waterloo lists this driver at $94 CDN each, plus shipping. If you are in Ontario you would have cheaper shipping charges from Waterloo, but you'd have to pay PST. Sounds like the group buy would save a few $$$$.

Actually, the provincial tax organization encourages folks in BC to buy from ON, and vice-versa. CanadaPost must love it.
The$10 differential in this case still makes the GB here more attractive for us all, though.

John

So, to summarize current statements of interest (question mark by name means uncertain about whether interested; by quantity means uncertain about - duh - quantity):

Person -- Qty.
Aengus -- 2
Doorman -- 2(?)
Leadbelly -- 2-3
VictoriaGuy(?) -- 2(?)

for a total of 8-9.

Looks promising...

Person -- Qty.

Aengus -- 2
Doorman -- 2
Leadbelly -- 2 or 3
Planet10(?) -- 2
Russell Dawkins -- 4
speakrsrfun -- 2(?)
VictoriaGuy(?) -- 2(?)

Total: 12 / 17(?)

Looks like there is definitely enough interest. If I said we'll close it end of day May 17th, would that be enough time for everyone to raise funds - or should I allow a bit longer? The other way of phrasing that is, is there anyone on the list who wants theirs urgently, or is everone OK with waiting until (say) June?

Please give me feedback - I'll look for a consensus.

Regards.

Aengus

Originally posted by doorman

I too have a pair of 108ez's doing nothing--anybody tried this combination?

Don, how are you at crossover design? That's the part that will be, um, interesting for me - but I expect help might be found through the forum as well. If worst comes to worst, I suppose one could start with Martin's FE103/15" Alpha xover and tune from there?

Regards.

Aengus

Sorry the fried unit is already spoken for, but for the same reason Daniel would have looked at it. I have a friend who's son is a cicuit designer and asked if he could take a look, I agree'd but asked that it be left as is unless he decided he could fix it. The cost of repair on this unit was $290+taxes and about $250 of that was for labour I'm sure, so you can see why I was hesitant to fix and just pay for a new one, cheaper anyway....

It's a good thing they weigh nothing because shipping is swallowable from the States, anywhere else gets pricey.

Anyway I'll keep you informed and tell you what he finds, Peace.

Speaks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.