• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: Rectifier boards - alternative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:cop: Alternative design to cvillers board split into it's own thread

Nice board, looks like mine :nod: When my green boards are gone I'll plan to order 4-layer boards, 4 x 70 um copper with gold pads to a substantially lower price than 7 USD if many are interested. I don't have the time to administrate a group buy but you can talk nicely to me and I can order and pass on the package for distribution. Schematics and pcb layout

I could never understand why people design rectifier boards like that: they are not particularly cheap, take space and you need to buy additional heatsinks.

The boards I'm using are designed to use chassis for heatsinking, are way smaller and my cost is approx $0.20/pc. ;)

They will also work with 2 pin devices, both TO-247, TO-220

Attachments

• diodes.jpg
    diodes.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 307
Peter, your idea works also but my boards have room for snubbers and may cope with a higher current and you can also use spade connectors. In a tight spot you can have better cooling with my idea and if you really want to mount them like in your case you can do that but the board is a bit bigger. That's the drawback but if something is versatile you may also get drawbacks.

DoubleBridgeNo006.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.