• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Milled/Drilled/Tapped Conrad Heatsinks v2 + Flat packs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now that the first round of heat sinks have all been delivered, it is time to announce the next run. I ordered a slightly smaller batch, all milled/drilled/tapped. They are on their way to the states right now, arriving May 9th. Shipping will be more expensive this time, as I no longer can use DHL to ship. Everything goes UPS, which is significantly more expensive. I will hire a broker this time right off the bat, and get a truck to haul everything. Each pair will run an even $135 shipped in the US, including Paypal fees and all that jazz. Will also include the bolts. Email me if you are interested in getting this shipped outside the US, I can get you a quote.

I will also be providing flat packs which contain the face, back, top and bottom. I do not have a finished prototype, at least not yet. I am very happy with what I have so far, I went to a machine shop and picked out the grades/thicknesses for each piece. The top and bottom will be perforated 3003 aluminum, .125" thick. This will provide ample support while allowing a significant amount of ventilation. Here's exactly what it will be:
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=13500&step=4&id=1003&top_cat=60

Expensive, yes. But worth it. Dimension of the top and bottom: 13.77 (350mm) by 11.5 inches. All will come drilled with the proper spacing, a jig has been made for this purpose. If you just want the top and bottom, it will run $25. Pictures will come later tonight.

The front and back are still under consideration, probably going to be 5052 aluminum, .1875" thick. Same deal, everything will be drilled and ready to assemble. $30. I would suggest lightly sanding/brushing to get a finished look, I might be able to do this, we shall see.

Anyways, I will have a limited number for sale, figured I would start pre orders now. Email me if interested in the heat sinks, flat packs, or both.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
cwujek said:
Now that the first round of heat sinks have all been delivered, it is time to announce the next run. Each pair will run an even $135 shipped in the US, including Paypal fees and all that jazz.

<snip>

Expensive, yes. ...... Pictures will come later tonight.

Hello cwujek,

Sounds like this is a group buy I'm interested in because I'm currently building new DIY amps. But I'm not sure what is being group-bought, not having been part of whatever the "first round" was.

You promised pictures - may I encourage to post the picture. That would probably answer my question.

Thanks for your efforts - I know it is a labor of love.

Francois

strider75 said:
Hi Chris,

I'm interested in the flat pack, but didn't notice if you indicated the dimensions on the front and back panels.

If I missed it, I apologize.

Thanks,
Ben

Hey Chris,

Me again, sorry.

Just saw your group buy was for the Conrad 35-151.5 heatsinks.

If that's what the flatpack will fit then I'm definitely interested.

E-mail coming your way,

thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.