• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Phonoclone and VSPS Group Buys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

just an info for people wishing a kit like me.
Yesterday I received from Mouser all parts for building the Phonoclone 3. Thanks to the BOM proposed by Rjm few posts up in this thread it has been very simple. I just had to replace two resistors (not available at the moment) with similar ones in the infinite Mouser catalog. I got the parts in 3 working days via FedEx, VAT automatically charged by FedEx.

So, I think Rjm is right, it is not necessary anymore to overload him with a kit preparation.

Thank you Rjm for your great job

Renato

rjm said:
try this:

Go to Mouser click on EZ buy and copy the following access code where it says Enter Access ID:

9dfcb36dbb

review, delete what you don't need, substitute any backordered parts if you can, click "buy" and you're done.

Easy peasy. Who needs a kit?

I think someone has deleted a large portion of items and then saved the file. I can see that the opamps for sure have been deleted, dunno know about the rest.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
resistors

I ordered my phonoclone boards..Thanks RJM!

I have not reviewed the several threads on the phonoclone fully.
A quick question. Is it just trying to get the 'house sound' of the original 47 labs stuff that carbon comps are used here?

Does anyone have any comments about the relative sound here versus metal films to this application?
I am considering Takman or PRP if I can find them in close values.

Mike

Re: resistors

Tea-Bag said:
I ordered my phonoclone boards..Thanks RJM!

I have not reviewed the several threads on the phonoclone fully.
A quick question. Is it just trying to get the 'house sound' of the original 47 labs stuff that carbon comps are used here?

Does anyone have any comments about the relative sound here versus metal films to this application?
I am considering Takman or PRP if I can find them in close values.

Mike

Mike - this is what I have been wondering - especially after reading this http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-PhonoStages.html, look for SAKURA (47 LABS) PHONO STAGE.

I have been searching for a few days, looked at Caddock TF020's and Vishay Bulk Foils VTA52, could not find anyone doing Nude Vishays (probably a good thing!).

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Re: Re: resistors

You mean that old chestnut where - you might be amused to learn - I originally got the info that the 47 Labs phono stage used the OP27, at which point it all started to "click" and the phonoclone as we know it today (pre-Xreg version) was born.

I have no idea what a "Nuded" Vishay is. I selected carbon composition in the places I use them for their non-inductive qualities. It's a personal decision and you are free to substitute any type you want, provided it fits on the board.

Hello,

being one of the very few that got the complete kit for the Phonoclone3 from Rhys including boards, I can state that all parts to fit on the PCB should be included (including OPAMPS and IC sockets)

In my case a few resistors were missing and R1,R2 to set the amplification were also not included

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Sorry for the silence, I haven't kept tabs on this thread since the big upgrade to diyaudio which reset my notifications list.

Order info: here

note you can also download the schematics and BOM from that link

Order procedure: You send me an email requesting a Paypal invoice, I send you the invoice and ship the item as soon as I receive payment. Turnaround on these seems to be quite fast, 7-10 days total, as they can be shipped air mail and are small enough that customs don't usually bother with them.

I recently shipped the 25th VSPS kit, that's 1/4 of them sold, a small milestone that I'm quite proud of. No missing parts, and no complaints ... looks like everything is OK.

I also have one set of VSPS 300 boards left at present, and will order more when that one is sold. There also also plenty of Phonoclone boards on the shelf.

Capacitors for C1, C2 and C3 as well as the electrolytics are available for the VSPS300 and Phonoclone boards. Quite of lot of people decide to order the caps with the boards, I guess it's the convenience - they aren't all that exotic, but tracking them all down can be a bit of a pain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.