• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AMB Labs Sigma24 Trafo Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was going to inquire about the demand to get some made in a small batch ... any takers? From what I can tell price would be around ~$5-$6 a board shipped in the US. These are used to power the Epsilon24 Boards in order to use lighted LED switches like Bulgin.

It was cute, I bought one with the first Sigma24 I built (I use these in all my amps) not sure why Ti dropped them. last couple I just used a little perf. board Radio shack has one 2X2 with copper and drilled for mounting holes .

Bill

Attachments

• p1000099.jpg
    p1000099.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 604
Sigma 24 main board Q.

Other than allowing a illuminated front panel switch without routing AC mains to front panel; what other possibilities does the sigma 24 main board allow. Auxiliary power option? Noticed that the main the ε24 forum thread at headwize.com is still down. Alternative forum? Adding it all up; just seems like a pricey solution. Not being critical just curious.
Charles

I'm not sure, to me it is a cleaner solution to buying a toroid to power the LED on a lighted switch. I'm sure there is other ways to skin this same cat as visible in post 2 above. However at $6 that doesnt equivocate to a pricey solution in my book for the convenience of a stackable solution to use a nice LED switch for presentation value.

I don't know of any other source of info on it. i emailed Ti at AMB labs and asked him if he would mind if I polled to see if there is enough interest in a GB and a subsequent order.

I'm not sure there is enough interest... so maybe I'll have to go the bread board look...

I just like it because it improves the overall internal esthetics.

Right now its going to cost $6.50 a board if i can get 50 peeps, Ti was going to have them made at the shop he used in the past to save on costs.

These are used to power the Epsilon24 Boards in order to use lighted LED switches like Bulgin.

I roughly ran a BOM on the main board; isn't that the goal of tranfo to power sigma 24 main board? Roughly with tranfo & main near $50.min for a lighted switch(not including switch); that's why I asked? Maybe I'm not clear on intention. I'm with you how nice those switches are; I've been looking at them for awhile. Just appears there is more going on with the sigma24 than running AC switching off relay? Would think it possible to isolate the ac main routing to the front enough to be negligible. It's pretty hard hook all one's components up without ac supply cords a-plenty. I'm all ears and will stay tuned: those would look good, as far as I can tell the AC main interference seems to be a non-issue with Bulgin.
Charles

Count me in for 5 boards, I just missed out on the buy when AMB first sold them and have been waiting for them to become available again someway.

sigma24 board powers the epsilon 24 board:

http://www.amb.org/audio/epsilon24/

Main benefits of the epsilon24:
-Momentary switches usable as latching switches when used w/ circuit
-Relay switching
-Optional thermal shutoff

The sigma24 lets you use a small pcb-mount transformer which you can stack the epsilon 24 on top of. Makes it a very compact switching circuit.

Marshall X , an order was already placed , 50 boards for $80 is incorrect, please do not post contrary information. Myself and Ti split an order of 50 with the fab he uses which will work out around $6.50 a board which will look identical to the product on his website.

MarshallX , aka MisterX on headwise did. I got the info thanks! I just don't want people getting confused on price offered in this GB. I already commited with Ti to use the fab he used last time as he said MisterX used another fab and it didnt work out as well and qulaity wasnt great.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.