• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy for Pluto drivers/components (Australia)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to put together a pair of Plutos. The Seas drivers are kinda expensive to ship to Australia apparently, so I was wondering if anyone else in Australia is interested in building these babies? I'm planning to build the subwoofers too.

If so, let me know and I can add your drivers to my order. I could also do an order of the components from Digi-Key. I can then ship them to you from Melbourne (or you can come pick them up, if you can get to Port Melbourne).

jp_howard,

I can't send you a private email. You can send me a private email.

I would like to order 16 x Vishay MKP 1.1uF 63V from Digi-key (http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=BC2077-ND) but would not like to pay shipment much higher than the part costs so I have not done the purchase. If you are to order parts from Digi-key then it would be good if mine is included and am happy to share some of the freight cost. When are you making an order? I have to move quickly because there are only 365 left!

Does the Pluto use the Peerless 5" drivers? I have some Peerless HDS 5" and HDS 8" drivers in top condition and I can sell them to you cheap.

Regards,
Bill

Hi Bill, the Pluto uses Seas L16RN-SL which I read somewhere were commissioned for SL himself.

I'm interested in your 8" peerless. Are they round or truncated ? Please email me: gainphile at gmail dot com.

Jeremy, I've decided not to import the L16 ... I think the DSE "special" is loud enough at night :D. ANyway will be keen to hear the "real" pluto once yours is done :)

Hi, Guys,

I have 4 x Peerless HDS 5" 830488, 4 x Peerless HDS 5" Shielded (never used, i.e. new but kept in my storage room), and 8 x Peerless HDS 8" 830490, and 2 x Vifa tweeter (model? used for no more than a couple of hours for the NaO back firing tweeters) and 1 x Scanspeak tweeter 9500 (never used, was to be used in a centre channel but never actually built it).

I will sell them at around 50% of the retail price depending on how many you want.

But for the Peerless, since I don't have the original packing anymore so I can't safely ship them to anywhere. You need to come and pick them up.

Sorry if it doesn't help you guys in Melbourne. But I may go to Melbourne in June, not decided yet.

Regards,
Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.