• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

I want to buy a church

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
OK this is a serious post but with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

My wife and I have just moved and we are looking to buy a house, while looking we came across a church building for sale, needs a lot of work and while we could afford the asking price we could not afford (just at the moment ) the renovations needed to make it a habitable home.

Anybody want to start a group buy for a DIY Audio club house in Geelong Victoria Australia??

Building and land about $AUD190,000; renovations to new eco standards about the same.

But think of the music possibilities in a hall 12 by 35 metres with a cathedral ceiling of 8 metres.

We could build really big sub-woofers.

100 members at $4500 each??

jackinnj said:
Diocese of Cleveland OH is closing close to 50 Catholic Churches -- you can get St. Procop's on the West Side for next to nothing as long as you take its 1911 Holtkamp Organ. Pictures on the Organ Historical Society website.

Man that would be such a sweet clubhouse... Rock and roll hall of fame is there and everything!

I live in a small town in Georgia U.S.A . As everone knows in the
U.S.A there is a rigerious seperation of church and state. Our town hall is in an old church, our local school rents out part of the school building for church services sundays and a different church is used for our voteing pole on election days.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Hey Seeker hows it going? please send the tenner in a plain brown paper envelope, we promise to put it to good use < "Ha Ha" >

Older Catholic Churches did seem to have reasonable acoustics, perhaps our US brethren should start collecting to buy the building and restore the organ.
Then gradually pay for it by running audio swap meets on a monthly basis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.