• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heatsink - Modified Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been in contact with M&M Metals to coordinate a group discount on their profile #mk62430, which should be appropriate for any of the Pass F-series amps. If there is enough interest we can place a Group Order to benefit from the increased total. I say "group order" because M&M will ship the items to each individual address. Also, each address will pay the shipping fee based on location and number of sinks ordered.

The heatsink is 12.25" long, 7" tall, 2" fins and 0.3" thick back plate. Deburred with a black anodize finish and a custom milled step along the top and bottom edges to receive the top and bottom plates (Step recommended size is .100" deep and .33" wide)

see the attached image

Here is the cost per heatsink w/o shipping based on the total number of heatsinks ordered

$51.50 for a 25-49 piece order
$41 for a 50-99 piece order
$34.20 for a 100+ piece order

If we can get to 50 or more commited heatsinks I will move ahead with the group buy. I am personally commited to 6 heatsinks so that is only 44 more to go.

Nick

Attachments

• mk62430.jpg
    mk62430.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,331
Concider this

Really don't think even his planned new extrusion is wide enough for F5 nor F4....

I'm not trying to foul up your GB. But thought I'd let you in on a better deal. 4 to 5 weeks?? I looked at M&M real hard.
But decided to at least check out Conrad in Australia; They have great heatsinks coated, machined on back. What I didn't realize was that the exchange rate was very favorable right now $1US =app $1.6AUD, Humm, which makes shipping affordable.

Here's my order form Julian at Conrad:
For 350mmX151mm X48mm HEATSINKS , VIEW HERE: TomS's nice build 'http://www.audiocircle.com/gallery/albums/userpics/48630/P1020194_(Medium).JPG

Conrad heatsinks <conradheatsinks@bigpond.com>
date Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 6:50 PM
subject Re: Conrad Order

FINAL ORDER for (12) Heat Sinks
Julian,
Decided to buy (12) of these Heat Sinks: Conrad MF35-151.5
Method of shipment - FEDEX
Total cost for (12) MF35-151.5 x 12 @ 45.35ea.AUD 544.20AUD (348.70 USD)
Delivery (FedEx 3-4 working days) 202.29 AUD (129.62 USD)

Total cost $746.49 AUD ($478.32 USD)

Total immediate payment will be made by PayPal in AUD to sales@conradheatsinks.com shortly. Thank You

Now; Paypal charges app 2% to convert USD to AUSD; total charge in USD was $497.26 Devide by 12
that comes out to $41.43 per heat sink delivered. and THAT IS FEDEX AIR: I GOT THEM IN 4 DAYS

I'm still amazed!!! I just checked, the exchange rate is still the same.

Some more details: USA and Australia have a free trade agreement -NO Import Duties-- See my post in cvillers "F5GB" for quote for different quanities. Highly suggest one doesn't order a real large quanity because they could get stuck in customs like the last Conrad GB - which took months and months to ship by slow boat.

Feel free to Re-post this in "F5" Forum,
12 was a good quantity, filled up 1 large box - 72 lbs. Ordered Thur. arrived following Mon.

Charles
PS: Not selling any heatsinks at this time: they're all claimed

I have used Barredboss in the past and I will certainly use him again for other projects. For my class A amps I prefer a longer extrusion then the 11" he is working toward and a more finished look to the project.

Charles, don't worry you are not derailing the group buy. I am simply looking for the best finish and price balance. With the current exchange rate conrad may be the way to go although we will loose out on the custom milling which definitely adds a nice level of finish to amp chassis.

Nick

npapp,
You've got the right approach. One recommendation to anyone thinking about joining a group buy:
There are a few individuals running these perpetual group buys that are basically 'DIY for profit' and should be/are against the rules.
Two ways to spot 'em: Will jump into a thread with nothing else other than a plug for their GB; secondly look at their post history (the magnifying icon) which will tell you allot. One dude in particular has been running basically the same GB's for 6 years and loves the new builds and the newbies. Not saying its a rip-off but avoiding the 'Vendor dues' is ripping off this website. This is one of the reasons I posted previous post, free info. helps us all.
Charles

cowboy99 said:
npapp,
You've got the right approach. One recommendation to anyone thinking about joining a group buy:
There are a few individuals running these perpetual group buys that are basically 'DIY for profit' and should be/are against the rules.
Two ways to spot 'em: Will jump into a thread with nothing else other than a plug for their GB; secondly look at their post history (the magnifying icon) which will tell you allot. One dude in particular has been running basically the same GB's for 6 years and loves the new builds and the newbies. Not saying its a rip-off but avoiding the 'Vendor dues' is ripping off this website. This is one of the reasons I posted previous post, free info. helps us all.
Charles

So tell us who is this dude? I agree that it is sleezy to pretend to be not for profit GB organizer while making money. The trouble I have with your post is it makes those of us who like running non profit Group Buys look like pirateers! And I am running another Heatsink & Chassis GB so I am highly suspicious of your statement.

Anthony

An apology

The previous post I made displayed a lack of good judgment, it's one thing to give advice; but to put forth an opinion that isn't my place to make is/was wrong. I have no right to interpret rules that I have no place at all in judging. And to make any post on a forum that can be even remotely seen as a personal attack on a fellow DIY'er whether its direct or in the form of an innuendo is against everything DIYAudio stands for, I know that. An apology from me is order to you, this thread, this forum, all DIY'ers and the Moderator's. Please accept it! It was never intended to be personal. I tried to edit that last post but was unable; it's remains there to show a bad opinionated lack of judgment on my part more than anything else.
Charles

Re: An apology

cowboy99 said:
The previous post I made displayed a lack of good judgment, it's one thing to give advice; but to put forth an opinion that isn't my place to make is/was wrong. I have no right to interpret rules that I have no place at all in judging. And to make any post on a forum that can be even remotely seen as a personal attack on a fellow DIY'er whether its direct or in the form of an innuendo is against everything DIYAudio stands for, I know that. An apology from me is order to you, this thread, this forum, all DIY'ers and the Moderator's. Please accept it! It was never intended to be personal. I tried to edit that last post but was unable; it's remains there to show a bad opinionated lack of judgment on my part more than anything else.
Charles

Well thank you Charles, I was offended by the seemingly personal nature of your post. I still agree with you in principal that we should all be wary of commercial enterprises masquerading as helpful members.

Regards

Anthony

Charles and Anthony I am glad you were able to work out any mistaken innuendo. I have personally experienced a tremendous amount of success participating in group buys and purchasing from various vendors in the forum. I believe that most of the individuals here operate under the best of intentions and for the common good.

Charles your tip on Conrad was definitely a good secondary source. I can still get the stock version of the M35-151.5 heatsink delivered to the US for approx. $40 per heatsink with a minimum order of 10.

So far only one person has contacted me about the custom milled M&M heatsink. If there is no additional interest by the end of this week I will discontinue this GB and pursue smaller quantity stock Conrad buy.

samoloko,

There hasn't been that much interest in the M&M so I will do a mini GB on the Conrad. I don't know if shipping to the US and then Bulargia will be the most cost efficient for you, however if you PM me your address I can ask conrad for shipping to 2 locations for the same group price. As long as I order 10+ heatsinks the cost for the 350-151.5 is $30.10 US at the current rates.

N

samoloko said:
at that price I will take 4 pcs 350-151.5 and also prefer to be shipped from USA
It Is very Interesting why people don't go with conrad heatsink

Samoloko, The price with shipping to USA is $41, per heatsink . The best I can find on shipping to bulargia from the US is $120 at the USPS. That is roughly $284 USD for 4 heatsinks. If someone knows of a better shipping option please let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.