• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5 pcb group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm opening this new thread as it seems like the original offer for F5 boards have been burried with F3/F4 info. So here we go:

The F5 amp board has a scoring line and is good for two channels.

Price for two channels pcb is USD$15, shipping included, paypal payment to my e-mail address posted here: DIY Chip Amplifier Kits, PCB's, Components and Information.

All boards will be shipped by airmail, with no tracking and no insurance and I cannot assume responsibility for lost packages. If you need insurance, please add $7 to your order.

One channel F5 board pictured below, output devices spacing exactly as with F4 so the boards are interchangeable. Dale CMF50 resistors, available from DigiKey, fit nicely on a board.

Since there are very few parts, you may also go with Caddocks and Vishays, or even larger resistors placed vertically, like Rikens in a pic below. Pictures of complete amp here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/140306-f5-pcb-group-buy-29.html#post2376917

The actual layout in attachment:

Attachments

• f5.gif
    f5.gif
    43.3 KB · Views: 8,291
Last edited:
samoloko said:
why you lower the caps number In new psu boards

Because I don't need so many ;), seriosly though, there are few reasons for that:

1 Smaller board is easier and cheaper to ship.
2 If a single cap can have enough capacitance, why use multiple?
3 Single cap usually also sounds better than few in parallel.
4 The new PS boards are intended not only for amps, and while being able to accomodate any type of 3 pin regulators, they are also suitable for line stages, CD players, DACs, filters etc.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Any pictures of the PSU stuffed

I got the PSU and I'm a little mystified by some of the options, specifically C3, C4, C6 and R3 and R4, which perhaps are for an alternative use.
would love to see a populated board, preferably using the MUR3060 diodes, as configured for the F5.
Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.