F5 pcb group buy... - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2009, 04:53 AM   #121
ccschua is offline ccschua  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,

I would like to order 2 x F5 board as well. Any advice on where to get the parts such as resistor, thermistors, FET etc. for F5 ?

Hi KP93300

I am from Malaysia and wonder if we can share the postage costs.
Old 20th May 2009, 08:11 AM   #122
diyAudio Member

Talking Hmmm Pete, looks like....

The intrest in your PS/Rect boards is getting much higher, I have need for PS's for two F5's already here, and I can count several people who asked if you still had stock. Any news on if and when the re-stock of the PS/Rect boards will be in? I've just finished the four Gainclone monoblocks (sound fantastic so far) and have ordered most of the F5 parts I could economically source from Mouser and Digikey along with what I could source for my incoming Aleph-X PCB's. The Aleph will be a project for some time down the road as I need time and money to accomplish the current F5 task before I delve into the Aleph-X....

Anyhow, your a busy man and I know you have things to do, but could yah give us a heads up, huh could yah, LOL....

Peace and keep well Peter.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:00 AM   #123
diyAudio Member

payment sent for 2 sets of boards.

thanks Peter!
Old 20th May 2009, 06:54 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by fishski13
payment sent for 2 sets of boards.
I need your shipping address as it's not listed with a paypal.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 20th May 2009, 07:00 PM   #125
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Hmmm Pete, looks like....

Quote:
Originally posted by speakrsrfun
The intrest in your PS/Rect boards is getting much higher, I have need for PS's for two F5's already here, and I can count several people who asked if you still had stock. Any news on if and when the re-stock of the PS/Rect boards will be in? I've just finished the four Gainclone monoblocks (sound fantastic so far) and have ordered most of the F5 parts I could economically source from Mouser and Digikey along with what I could source for my incoming Aleph-X PCB's. The Aleph will be a project for some time down the road as I need time and money to accomplish the current F5 task before I delve into the Aleph-X....

Anyhow, your a busy man and I know you have things to do, but could yah give us a heads up, huh could yah, LOL....

Peace and keep well Peter.
I still can't understand how such simple thing as bridge rectifier can hold people from completing the amp. That can be easily wired p2p, and the results may be actually better than printed board.

To get you some motivation, here's the circuit I've built recently, it's done p2p on veroboard. I wasn't even thinking about getting the boards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p2p.jpg (99.9 KB, 1042 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 20th May 2009, 10:27 PM   #126
diyAudio Member

Simplicity my friend Simplicity, for us less educated in the feild of electrical design but still able to understand enough to get things working Peter. Like this fellah right here..... LOL... That's too bad Peter if your not going to be getting more boards. I'm sure there are a few folks who would jump on the bandwagon for a PCB rather than P2P wiring anyday regardless of the small margin of performace P2P may bring... Now with that said I'd like to see a show of hands from those who would like a few PCB's and we may be able to make a minimum order who knows. I'm not asking you to commit to anything Peter actually just curious more than anything, I'd just like to see if we have enough intrest in a PS and Rectifier purchase to warrent a small run....

I don't know, something about me doing P2P wiring just dosen't sit well with me, now if someone confident was willing to build them for me, well theres a different story altogether. Plus the tidy nature in a case the PCB provides is much better than most available P2P wiring designs, baring yours you've shown of course but most of us don't have milling tools available nor have the background that yourself and other folks like Nelson do.

Now as you stated the circuit is very simple and most should be able to wire a proper PS P2P without any concern, I may try it later as a confidence booster but would still prefer a PCB for in my case, Peace and keep well.

Old 21st May 2009, 02:58 AM   #127
kp93300 is online now kp93300  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,
Can I substitute ZTX 751 and ZtX 651 for the transistors ?
You listed ZTX 450 and 550 in the BOM.
Thanks
Kp93300
Old 21st May 2009, 04:49 AM   #128
diyAudio Member

If you don't mix npn with pnp I don't see areason why not. Besides, you don't really need current limiting circuit: the amp sounds better without it.
Old 21st May 2009, 07:26 AM   #129
ccschua is offline ccschua  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hi peter, money sent.

Saw your photo R5 to R8 using 50R but the BOM on may 24 is using 100R.
Old 21st May 2009, 08:15 AM   #130
Jozua is offline Jozua  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default Parts: One stop supply point.

Hi

My personal preference would be to buy high quality F5 parts of the correct brand for optimum sound quality (excluding heatsinks and trafo's) with the PCB at a single one point shop.

When I build my Aleph X it was a nightmare to find pcb parts - let alone match them. I need to rebuild my Aleph x pcb- that is if I can find the matched components. From what I have read my Aleph X should sound better.

I know it is a luxery request but i am quite prepared to pay for such a service and the convenience it offers.

Regards

Jozua

Hide this!Advertise here!