• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5 pcb group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmmm Pete, looks like....

The intrest in your PS/Rect boards is getting much higher, I have need for PS's for two F5's already here, and I can count several people who asked if you still had stock. Any news on if and when the re-stock of the PS/Rect boards will be in? I've just finished the four Gainclone monoblocks (sound fantastic so far) and have ordered most of the F5 parts I could economically source from Mouser and Digikey along with what I could source for my incoming Aleph-X PCB's. The Aleph will be a project for some time down the road as I need time and money to accomplish the current F5 task before I delve into the Aleph-X....

Anyhow, your a busy man and I know you have things to do, but could yah give us a heads up, huh could yah, LOL.... :devilr:

Peace and keep well Peter.

Re: Hmmm Pete, looks like....

speakrsrfun said:
The intrest in your PS/Rect boards is getting much higher, I have need for PS's for two F5's already here, and I can count several people who asked if you still had stock. Any news on if and when the re-stock of the PS/Rect boards will be in? I've just finished the four Gainclone monoblocks (sound fantastic so far) and have ordered most of the F5 parts I could economically source from Mouser and Digikey along with what I could source for my incoming Aleph-X PCB's. The Aleph will be a project for some time down the road as I need time and money to accomplish the current F5 task before I delve into the Aleph-X....

Anyhow, your a busy man and I know you have things to do, but could yah give us a heads up, huh could yah, LOL.... :devilr:

Peace and keep well Peter.

I still can't understand how such simple thing as bridge rectifier can hold people from completing the amp. That can be easily wired p2p, and the results may be actually better than printed board.

To get you some motivation, here's the circuit I've built recently, it's done p2p on veroboard. I wasn't even thinking about getting the boards ;)

Attachments

• p2p.jpg
    p2p.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,121
;) Simplicity my friend Simplicity, for us less educated in the feild of electrical design but still able to understand enough to get things working Peter. Like this fellah right here..... LOL... That's too bad Peter if your not going to be getting more boards. I'm sure there are a few folks who would jump on the bandwagon for a PCB rather than P2P wiring anyday regardless of the small margin of performace P2P may bring... Now with that said I'd like to see a show of hands from those who would like a few PCB's and we may be able to make a minimum order who knows. I'm not asking you to commit to anything Peter actually just curious more than anything, I'd just like to see if we have enough intrest in a PS and Rectifier purchase to warrent a small run....

I don't know, something about me doing P2P wiring just dosen't sit well with me, now if someone confident was willing to build them for me, well theres a different story altogether. Plus the tidy nature in a case the PCB provides is much better than most available P2P wiring designs, baring yours you've shown of course but most of us don't have milling tools available nor have the background that yourself and other folks like Nelson do.

Now as you stated the circuit is very simple and most should be able to wire a proper PS P2P without any concern, I may try it later as a confidence booster but would still prefer a PCB for in my case, Peace and keep well.

:)

Parts: One stop supply point.

Hi

My personal preference would be to buy high quality F5 parts of the correct brand for optimum sound quality (excluding heatsinks and trafo's) with the PCB at a single one point shop.

When I build my Aleph X it was a nightmare to find pcb parts - let alone match them. I need to rebuild my Aleph x pcb- that is if I can find the matched components. From what I have read my Aleph X should sound better.

I know it is a luxery request but i am quite prepared to pay for such a service and the convenience it offers.

Regards

Jozua

Dear Peter i have to agree with speakrsfun, for us shall we say less use to electronics,the power supply boards does make it quicker and easier without having to think about orientating the diodes correctly and get the negative and positive voltage outputs correct as well. Not difficult I agree, but each time i come to do it i have to keep reconfiguring the orientation of the diodes. Remember some of us may do something like this only a couple of times each year, it does not come naturally. It is also neater, smarter looking and hence psychologically more satisfying as well.

ccschua said:
1. Can I use 0.5W instead of 0.6W?
2. Power supply R1 to R8, instead of 0.47R, if use 0.1R total how many required ?
3. How about R11, R12 can use 0.1R ?

1. You can even use 0.25W resistors.
2. That's what I actually do, I use single 0.1R resistor with 10W power rating (or similar)
3. No you can't, those need to be exact values.

Peter Daniel said:

1. You can even use 0.25W resistors.
2. That's what I actually do, I use single 0.1R resistor with 10W power rating (or similar)

1. will do.
2. Total 0.1R 10W is 2 units and these 2 units replace R1 to R8 right.

ps. can email me the nelson ps circuit diagram.

1. Do u think 2 units of Mundorf M-lytics 47,000uF works supreme for F5 or Jensen? or better 4 units of 47,000 (which means no regulator is required right)

To Peter Daniel Re: Pass Zen V9 boards

Hi,
I am new to this forum and am not allowed to e-mail yet. I built several Pass Zen's when they first came out 12 years ago to power K-horns. They were lost in a fire and I would like to build them again, with updates of course.

How do I go about joining the 'group buy' process to obtain 3 PC Boards?

Thanks in advance!
Andy Grubbs
Chapel Hill, NC

Re: To Peter Daniel Re: Pass Zen V9 boards

wagrubbs said:
Re: To Peter Daniel Re: Pass Zen V9 boards

Zv9/ F3 boards are currently out of stock. There was a recent wiki page to check the interest, but only few entries came up. I might run another batch somtime in a future, but it won't happen soon. You may post wanted ad in Trading Post section, as I'm pretty sure not everybody who purchased the boards went into building the amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.