• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5 pcb group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is recommended to short the input, however, I did all my testing with input open and it worked equally fine. I used 1.3 amp bias, the heatsinks allow for more, but I'm not really crazy about pushing it.

Yes, I'm happy with a sound of F5 and that's the amp I'm presently using in a basement system.

Please see attached pic for my current setup. As mentioned earlier, the amps are behind the separating wall, in which Fertin drivers are installed. You will see battery driven (charger permanently in parallel) field coil supply.

There is no power switch directly on the amp, I installed it in a special housing on near cabinet wall.

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,081
ah

ah...yes. The biggest ones I have seen are the LM138 and LM338 which will give you 5 amps max.

I do not believe that this board is intended to power the F5. You rarely see these used in power amps for the reasons you have noticed- lack of current capability... maybe only in a gainclone or something like that. There are other boards for the F5 power supply I believe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.