• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Sowter 10K:10K Input Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I think there may be enough interest to start a small group buy for Sowter 10K:10K Input transformers. The units I am considering at the moment are the Type 3575 with PCB pins and the PCC wire upgrade. The base price for this is £46.45 per transformer. Given the USD/GBP values at the moment, these are a pretty good deal, in my opinion. The datasheet for Type 3575 is here:

http://www.sowter.co.uk/pdf/3575.pdf

I have talked with Sowter, and the price breaks and discounts are:

12-24 (10%)
25-49 (15%)
50-99 (20%)
100+ (25% maximum discount)

Prices are available on their web shop.

I have an e-mail into them to ask if we can mix and match the PCB mount version and the wire leaded version.

Please reply if this would be of interest!

yes in fact I have considered them. If there are enough people interested in going that direction, we sure can. The quotes I got from them were only for 1-10 and are as follows:

CMLI-15/15B (wire leads/single shield) $45.02
CMLI-15/15B2 (wire leads/two shields) $49.97
CMLI-15/15BPC (pc pins/single shield) is $47.61

Also, part of the reason for this group buy is that I already have interest from another site and it shouldn't be very hard to hit 25 pieces right out of the gate.

JimT said:
I would like a pair. The Sowter are almost twice the price of the Cinemag so I would prefer the Cinemag, unless the Sowter are better.

Thanks
Jim

I haven't seen much quantitative data on the subject, but from what I've read from those who've used them, its the other way around. The Cinemags are likely the better iron. Don't take my word for it though.

I think I might have a pair of those sowters on hand. I'll have to check the number. I got them from Euphonia when it was in biz. If someone wants to do some objective testing, I'll loan one or both of them out.

I'd be interested in the Cinemags if it goes that way. Not in the sowters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.