• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Diamante -a discrete medium power opamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to gauge the interest in a group buy of the Diamante board as seen here:
Original Diamante thread

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The board is designed by Russ White from Twisted Pear Audio and I have his permission to organize a group buy.

I estimate that we need around 50 boards to make a group buy possible. They will cost about €8 Euro each. One board per channel is needed, so two for stereo and four for balanced.

TheSeekerr said:
I'm interested, but not at those prices - 4 boards would cost $62 AUD (before shipping, too, I'd imagine). While I understand that pricing tends to be poor on these small GB's, that's still pretty steep.

I am aware that the price is kind of steep. I'm currently asking around for a better price at other PCB services. Lets say that the maximum price per board wont exceed €8 Euro at least. I think I will get a lot more board from china based PCB services, but I might not be able to move all of them.

Well, I got a price quote from GoldPhoenix and they are a little bit cheaper. But since they will most likely get stuck in customs, they will end up being more expensive in the end. To get really cheap boards I would have to order a lot of boards and I don't think there is a market for that.

I have been checking around and it seems that making a small run of these boards will be hard to do for a much lower price. The JISBOS group buy, for example, was $5 USD per board and that is 1/4th the size of the Diamante. Compared to that €8 Euros doesn't seem so bad I think.

I seriously doubt that producing the pcbs locally here in Sweden using Cogra would be cheaper than Bulgaria (Olimex) or in China (Goldphoenix).

BatchPCB uses Goldphoenix as their fabhouse by the way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.