• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

B1 Boards V. Mini GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Matching 2SK370 JFETs

Once we have the boards then we will need 2SK370 JFETs - possibly matched - I am searching for some but they are not easily available.

I will keep on looking - for those of us in the UK it may be an idea to do a GB - if I can find a source I will let you know - the problem then would be matching them.

However I am going to have to learn how to do this so I will look into that side of things as well.

Alan

2sk370's

I have found a few threads which show that 2sk170's can be used - these seem to be more readily available. If you look on ebay there is someone in Hong Kong selling them in packs of 8 for £7.22 (approx due to $) or in packs of 100 for £61.00. They are all post free.

They are available in the UK at about £1 each - no reduction for quantity and there is postage.

Initially I may buy some from the UK just to try out matching.

Re: Re: Kits

AlanElsdon said:

I might be - as I have posted I have on order 100 2SK170's which I will be trying to match - if you are willing to put the rest together - great.

Reading about other peoples already built B1's there seems to be a lot of talk about the sound capability of the C101/C201 caps but not much about any other components.

Alan

If you are not needing all the 2SK170's, if i was to progress with kits i would be intrested in buying 50 or so off you.

Yes, C101 and C201 would need to be a high quality cap, but i think most people would not feel the need to go over the top in this area.

rhysh said:
Price should drop again after 15, but as others have allready payed i would have to figure out a solution, such as including some small parts with the boards or somthing like that.

Anyone in for boards, please paypal me the money.

Rhysh, I am ok with you donating the price difference to the forum. I am sure it won't be much but every bit helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.