• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ladies and Gentlemen

Let me put all the informations in one and a right place (group buys).

Basing on alexw88's (shine7.com) experience, I've created my own project of PA150 (3xLM3886). It has been modified a bit, the size has been reduced, and some other tweaks have been made. I'd like to share the project with you (below). PDF file with switchable layers, try it! I'm gonna order the PCB soon, if anyone wants to grab a couple of PA150 PCB, let me know. Of course, tweaks still can be done before the order.

PCB layout:
http://airproject.drl.pl/PA150v18.pdf

Power supply up to +35/-35 VDC. LM3886 datasheet.
Details: PA150 - 3x LM3886 PCB assembly guide
PA150 - 3x LM3886 PCB assembly guide

I has been well tested by alex88. Testing and measurement:
DIY BPA300 6x LM3886 300W audio Amplifier

It is still the same project, except the capacitors which were moved from the bottom to the top, C10 (10u) replaced with wima (better solution), and some downsizing.

Anyone who is interested, just give me your e-mail address and I will send you some details.

Of course don't hesitate to ask questions :)

Hi, Marlowson

I am interested in the possible PCB deals on the BPA150 (originally by alex88). Does this board use smd or thru hole components? Also, what would be the estimated price per PCB? I am thinking of using a transformer to separate the + and - signals instead of the DR134 (I think) in order to bridge the two boards. Thanks!

Regards,

Lo_tse

In the field of components - no changes. Both smd and thru hole as in former alex88's project.
Price 8 euro apiece if you're buying 4 pieces.
9 euro if buying 2 pieces.
+ delivery man :)

Marlowson,

Thanks for the info! Hmm, I recall that there were quite a few smd components on the board. I am not that proficient with soldering smd - my right eye sight is not great. Anyway, a little off-topic, is there a BOM for the BPA150 archived somewhere. I would like to check to see how many smd's that I have to tackle with.

Thanks!

Reagards,

Great recovery yakusa !

Looking forward to your impressions after a little burn-in. Your success prompts me to get my set back together soon. I stole the power supplies for another project but they can come back now. I'm using a Jantzen CrossCap now but want to see what the new Audyn Plus series will do.

I'll post and we can compare notes. ;)

Attachments

• DSC00956.JPG
    DSC00956.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 236
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.