• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone filed a paypal dispute as yet ?

It is rather ridiculous that we continue to accept the pleasantries from this character with no action or proof of anything other than money being taken.

On most other forums the mods lock out the person unless some kind of firm commitment is given by the seller.

nothing yet....

Hi everybody!

nothing arrived here so long. A lot of stuff comming from USA and GB arrived in less time. Digikey sent my components in 7 days, including customs process. My sister-in-law sent some CDs in 9 days and I took a day more to collect at post office. My mother in Japan, sent me a pack, that was delivered at my door in 6 days with no customs inspection.

Mail is not delaying deliveries... for last two months, at least.

I think Rhys do not posted the boards at june,17th. If he did it, he would provide us the tracking number, as he can not do, just because nothing was posted at that day. Maybe a week later, or today... but not june,17th. :whazzat:

Oh, I am considering posting by mail possibilities... if posted by mail birds, horse transport, walking/swimming postman... it may delay some weeks... :D and I hope packing is better than reported by some fellows here...

I think it would be worse to lock out the guy in the forum as he would use this as excuse to not communicate at all...
Regards.

Hisatugo.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Some weeks back I urged everyone to file a Paypal dispute, it's your only recourse to getting your money back. If you haven't already done so, do it as soon as you can before the time limit expires.

So, no one got anything from the batch marked shipped on Jun 16?

That was your last chance Rhys.

I hope the diyaudio moderators ban you. You have no business showing your face here again as far as I am concerned.

I have just filed a paypal claim, although
usually the fraudulent people never have money in their accounts anyways.

I apologize if this pisses off the seller and jeophardizes anybody elses transaction, however we are the ones who should be pissed of and not be begging him for anything.

Looking at the entire history of this thread and the delaying banter going back and forth the big picture is quite clear.

yup, he´s overdone it. and I can bet the sendings from "02.07.09" were fake also. why did he not send a picture that the parts even exist.
but I don´t need a picture now. I have my picture and it is not "just" a case of embarrasment. That is a crime!
He horded several hundreds/thousands of € or whatever…our society is based on private property and feel like asking a lawyer. He should be accused for that shouldn´t he?

weak
stefan

The SMD soldering has nothing to do with scamming people, i happen to have a reflow oven, which makes SMD soldering easy, i just couldnt find the time.

Im not going to argue, everyone will get their stuff. Keep insulting me as much as you wish, it wont make me do things quicker.

Also, if you wish to get me banned from the forum, atleast have the decency to let me finish this off first, so everyone else can actually contact me during the process.

One thing you should think about, if i was here to just take money, how would i manage to deliver some boards and kits :confused: , also why would i still be hanging around?

More postal updates will be given on monday.

first to begin I have not insulted anyone,
I have simply laid out the facts as I and many others see.
In this day and age we are fully aware that insulting people doesn't make people do anything faster even if they are in an "owing" situation, thats the moral world we live in today.

We have all heard of Ponzi investment schemes
ala Madoff

To run a successful Ponzi scheme all you have to do is keep paying a few people returns on their investment to keep the perceived momentum going.

The "postal updates" so far have been in somebody's imagination.

The facts are many people have asked for a list of scheduled shipping even if it was not immediate, people were willing to wait but at least have a firm idea. This has not been done.

Pictures of packages being shipped out were asked for,
this has not been done either, I don't think this is very hard to do.

17th May I started to pay attention to this thread and nearly two months later only a very few have got their stuff. I know some of the reasons for this but I suspect there are things that I don't know about. I do feel a very low level of communication especially when we all notice that not much are happening and given information seems not always to be reflecting the real situation, like for instance the goods posted 17th June. They were shipped and I reported that. What happened?

At the moment there are unresolved issues with Paypal but since I have collected all shipping info this would not be a problem to ship. I happened to know what problems Rhys is having with Paypal but this is only adminstrative. Paypal demands that Rhys prove a few things which should be so hard if he have done nothing wrong.

Paypal requires that you prove that you are you, that stuff actually are delivered in order to rule out money laundry and they also requires that you update your credit card info. A trigger to this is if much money is involved in a private account. This is only to give Paypal what they want.

Paypal isn't perfect either,
I have filed a claim in the past and the seller promptly
shipped a box and included a picture of the shipping label etc.

Paypal closed the case upon seeing this and the usps delivery confirmation, when the box was opened it was empty.
I can post pics of the correspondence of this if anybody is interested.

If he was so tight for time and busy with family and vacation
how come he won't give a refund ?

how come he won't post a pic of the boards and the stock of parts ?

I am sure people don't mind losing whatever paypal fees etc so
we can move on and forget about this debacle.

rhysh said:
More postal updates will be given on monday.

rhys, simple question now.
the wiki lists a few deliverys for 02.07.09. Did you lie again? if not, please send me the information where I can look up the parcel information.
No philosophy. Yes or no. It is simple. It is also important to keep the wiki "true". At the moment it does not shrink, it grows!

s.

And how about an update for me regarding my F5 parts Rhys? You have not responded to my last emails and we have now passed the 4 months time period of continual fecklessness and imcompetance.

I hope that people buying things from Rhys have been more fortuitous than I in actually getting their goods wrapped up properly. A 10-15kg amp doesn't do well in the post when all you do is cover it in cardboard...

the loss of this money will not make me any poorer or richer
so if you really want to keep the money just say so and I'll let you have it and never say anything about this anymore.

at the end of the day I still sleep at night and don't have a whole legion of the internet behind my back, true you never have to worry about any of us tracking you down but its no big deal.

I encounter people of all manner of human class and I always
tell people that many of the lowest class and ignorant human beings don't come from the typical socioeconomic(lower) description one would expect but in fact a lot come from the highest levels of education and technical areas.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
rhysh said:
Also, if you wish to get me banned from the forum, atleast have the decency to let me finish this off first, so everyone else can actually contact me during the process.

For the record I have not actively petitioned for Rhys' removal from the forum. I think it would be justified though.

To me it's simple.

DIY group guys are based on trust. People risk relatively large sums in a manner they probably wouldn't elsewhere because they know that as a community we are honest. This honesty, in short, allows the system to function as it does.

Telling someone you shipped their stuff when you didn't ship it is about the worst violation of this trust I can think of. It's far worse than lame excuses and delays. Far worse than incomplete kits and far worse than losing the shipping addresses of people you owed goods to.

Rhys lied about items having shipped. Not once, not twice... but thoroughly, consistently and deliberately.

Thus I see no benefit in having him continue to be able to post here, since no one will believe what he writes now anyway.

The damage he's done to the community, on the other hand, is considerable. The best thing now I think would be to have Paypal administer a refund to the buyers and have the moderators ban him from the forums - close this dog and pony show down once and for all in other words.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.