• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
another possible stereo layout

With only one toroidal transformer 1000VA 4x25V.
What are the exact measures of amplifiers pcbs?

Attachments

• 2layout.jpg
    2layout.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 409
Use a couple of thermistors like Cl60 or whatever matches your particular amp needs. Install a time delay on relay to switch out the thermistors and bring in the line load. A decent timed delay on relay on Ebay is not too terrible expensive and the thermistors are dirt cheap.
ESP audio the Rod Elliot site has a good soft start circuit. Just google and you should not have any problem finding it.

Tad

samsagaz said:

Can you please poing me to some website where can i see an pic of the "3 way terminal block"?

and i see your website and TI Datasheet where i see that say 1uf instead 0.1uf, this will be the same?

Regards

Sorry, i was thinking the wrong thing here. 1uf is correct.

I have to hurry off somewhere now, i will post the terminal block when i get back.

The mains fuse needed for a transformer or motor is about
transformer power Times three Divided by mains voltage.
Fuse rating = VA * 3 / Vac.
This applies to any size of transformer.

If you are happy using a fuse three times as big as you need then go ahead.
I recommend close rated fusing that allows the amplifier (or any equipment) to run with in it's design specification and does not suffer from nuisance fuse blowing.
This fuse rating <= VA / Vac.

eg.
100VA transformer running on 110Vac.
Without soft start it requires a T3A fuse. Close rated fuse could be between T600mA and T1A
Now try that for 300VA and 500VA and 1kVA.
I know which I prefer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.