• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All information can be found in the wiki.

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=BPA300+Group+Buy+Round+2

newPA150-4.jpg

(Original BPA board)

Boards will be $10 each. That is $20 for one monoblock (2 boards) and $40 for a stereo set (4 boards)

The same boards are used as the last group buy. BOM can be found in the wiki.

All BPA300 round one participents please refer to the WIKI.

Feel free to post your names down in the thread if you wish, but adding your name to the wiki is necessary.

tnargs said:
I haven't been able to view the shine7 site on my browser. Tried a few times this week. Is it just me?

Without seeing that site I can't see what the GB is actually supplying...

The shine7 site works fine for me. It seems to be just you. The group buy is supplying the boards for the BPA300 amplifier, as pictured above. Maybe you should take a look at the original thread?

mikesnowdon said:
What is the measured power output of these things?

Do they only work from balanced input?

Whats the DRV for?

Sorry for the Q's but there are many many pages on the original thread.

Quite interested in these though.

Thanks,
Mike.

The power output is 300w @ 4ohms per monoblock.

They work in a balanced config, if you do not have a balanced source you will need,

The DRV - The DRV is to convert a single ended source into balanced output to drive the amplifier boards.

mikesnowdon said:
What if I wanted to use just a single board per channel?

The amplifier is not really designed for this purpose, i have not actually reviewed this very much, but i would not reccomend it, especially into 8ohms.

mikesnowdon said:
What kind of power should I expect into an 8 ohm load and would I be OK without balanced input? If not is there any way to get these working off single ended?

You are taking about 150w per channel into 8ohms. You are fine without balanced input, you just have to use the DRV134 opamp on the inputs or equivalent.

Since I am really noob ... (like I just started this hobby about 4 months ago, I am reading "The art of electronics" to "catch-up" with the lingo of the boards here...
Is it possible somone post a better schematic of what wires go where... I can get a 70% solution looking at the posted Jpegs, but I need like a 110% solution. This may be a little ambitious on my part to undertake a project with my small level of knowledge but i figure with everyones help I can get though it and you gotta get your feet wet somehow.

It is really simple to wire up. The balanced input goes to the input + on each board. The speaker output is + on each boards, eg one speaker is connected between two + outputs.

+OUT --- SPEAKER --- +OUT

A bit confusing, but becuase of the balanced config this is how it works.

The amplifier is not really designed for this purpose, i have not actually reviewed this very much, but i would not recommend it, especially into 8ohms.

Has no-one used them like this? I currently drive 8 ohm speakers of a single 3886 per channel so 3 x bridged is surely going to be better and provide more power?

You are taking about 150w per channel into 8ohms. You are fine without balanced input, you just have to use the DRV134 opamp on the inputs or equivalent.

OK, I got confused because the input connections are just + and ground. Isn't this the same as single ended? If I use a single board per channel wont I be OK if I use a preamp?

PS: sorry to ask so many questions, Im still interested ut I need to know if these things will work for what I intend to do.

Cheers,
Mike :)

mikesnowdon said:

Has no-one used them like this? I currently drive 8 ohm speakers of a single 3886 per channel so 3 x bridged is surely going to be better and provide more power?

OK, I got confused because the input connections are just + and ground. Isn't this the same as single ended? If I use a single board per channel wont I be OK if I use a preamp?

PS: sorry to ask so many questions, Im still interested ut I need to know if these things will work for what I intend to do.

Cheers,
Mike :)

The power output of using a single board into 8 ohms, would be just over using a single 3386, even though 3 are in use.

The board labeling does not really reflect the design purpose. This does give the impression the board can be used single ended but as i said, this is not what the designer had in mind. I would highly reccomend using two boards per channel, and a £5 balanced line converter setup.

@ Halo6, you may find this useful.

300W_diag_small.jpg

mikesnowdon said:
On the SMD pads near the chips, what are the holes on the 220p & 10k pads for? Optional through hole components?

These small holes are called vias. This is simply to link a trace on the bottom layer copper to the top layer copper, or vice versa. Nothing needs to be done to these. They are part of the PCB itself.

mikesnowdon said:
Whats the GBP price? £££££ :)

I know this is a complete pain, but i cant accept payment for boards in pounds. This is simply becuase the pcb company only takes USD. It would be a lot easier for you to pay by USD.

Just for reference, a full board set is costing about £28. ( 4 boards ). These boards are 4oz copper and bloody heavy!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.