• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tryonziess said:
Halo6, In the last two group buys I ran some of the folks on the wiki never responded again. We will just have to wait and see. I do not expect Rhysh to fork out his money for my boards.
It would be nice for those individuals to pay up or correspond.

Tad

This is normally the case, there is allways the people that dont respond. I will start sending out e-mails tomrrow, to be fair some people did not actually post in the thread, so they may not be aware of any updates.

rhysh said:
I have dropped the other two from the group buy. Boards are going to be paid for tonight. Boards will be shipped to you in about 3 / 4 weeks.

Anyone wanting some sort of kit let me know.

Are you preparing complete kits with all necessary components? Buying each component in RS or Farnell is a problem, they obligate me to buy packs of 10 or even 100 units, and after several projects my house looks like an electronics store.
If you are preparing complete kits I'm interested in this.
Thanks

juluska said:

Are you preparing complete kits with all necessary components? Buying each component in RS or Farnell is a problem, they obligate me to buy packs of 10 or even 100 units, and after several projects my house looks like an electronics store.
If you are preparing complete kits I'm interested in this.
Thanks

I am thinking about providing complete kits, yes.

I am interested in what a Premium BOM and a Standard BOM is. If it is beenficial for everyone I would do a kit and have you do SMD soldering like I think you stated earlier in a post. I am interested in a Premium BOM though! and I olny need it for 4 of the boards. (2 extra are in case I tank someonthing :) )

I have allready said i would be happy to prepare kits, this means people only pay shipping once.

The BOM i will produce will be 'premium', the only premium parts you can use on the BPA300 are the capacitors. I will be using premium capacitors that dont cost the earth.

I would prefer not to do 2 BOM's, as this is more expensive and i wont be able to hit the price breaks.

What kind of power supply would I need to power all 4 boards (I would like to keep this all in one case) would it need to be ~1000Va ? i would like my layout like the pic attached :)

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 315
Halo,

A 1kVA transformer will give you more inrush current than 2x 500VA when you turn your amp on :hot: If no fuses are used then this can damage your amps.

You'll have to think about a soft-start circuit or thermistors.

In my opinion you should have it anyway even with 2x 500VA trafo's

but to answer your question: yes 1kVA in total should be alright

regards

so two 500VA with 25 volt secondaries making one transformer for each channel...

Is there a such thing as 1000Va with 4 x 25 volt secondaries? Is that equvalent to having a pair of 500Va?

It seems I will be paying alot more for 2 500V than for 1 1000V trafo... would there be a benifit to having separate trafos for each channel

I am new at this please educate me if I am travelling down the wrong path...

I figure I would do a soft start anyway for either of the two trafo designs.

Hi Halo,
how much experience do you have working with toroid transformers?
If you are competent, you can convert a 0-50 + 0-50Vac to four separate 25Vac windings.
It's just a case of finding the midpoint in each of the two windings and cutting to insert four extra (flexible) output leads. Then re-insulate the secondary.

4 isolated secondaries is almost as good as two transformers each with dual secondaries. If the 1000VA has a better regulation than the 500VA then the single big transformer can help the system to perform better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.