• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rhysh,
I am already on the wiki for four boards.
I would be interested in the BOM parts. If they do NOT include the chassis. I have enough aluminum here to build a small jet.

Anyone know of a way to incorporate a servo setup into this build? It could be a rather nice addition. There seems to be enough space if mounted slightly above the board.

Thanks Tad

tryonziess said:
Anyone know of a way to incorporate a servo setup into this build? It could be a rather nice addition. There seems to be enough space if mounted slightly above the board.
a couple of empty pads for this sort of optional circuits adds nothing to the cost and adds nothing to the area of the PCB.

Adding multiple pin pitches for all the capacitors allow much more flexibility in cap choice.

Adding pads for test points is also very useful.

HaLo6 said:
rhysh, what heatsinks and caps(40-60K uF) are you going to use, I was planning on using hifi200 as well for cases.. I just sent payment.

Nick

I am using the 'Pesante Dissipante' 3u 300m case with inbuilt heatsinks per monoblock. I am using 68,000uf computer grade caps that i happen to have to hand. I will use 2 of these per mononlock.

$ Confirmed.

rhysh said:

I am using 2 x 68,000uF per monoblock. That is one cap per rail. I believe alex88 uses 2 x 47,000uF caps per rail. More then 68,000uF is unnecessary, but i belive it will sound different depending how you setup the power supply.

Anyone tried a bank of smaller caps to achieve this capacitance? I understand banks of smaller caps can improve the sound of the midrange and treble.

I would like to try a pair of Avondale Audio
CAP6 modules with my BPA300.

Any thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.