Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2009, 02:46 PM   #531
rhysh is offline rhysh  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to rhysh
Quote:
Originally posted by tryonziess
Rhysh,
Would you be willing to share the software program for the chip attenuator. I can program the chip I am just to dumb to learn how to write code. Or maybe too old.

Tad

Are you wanting the code to program onto the chip, or the software used to create it?

R
Old 29th May 2009, 02:49 PM   #532
diyAudio Member

SvErD, I plan to ship them on monday morning.
Old 29th May 2009, 04:03 PM   #533
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
And my boards? do you need my address or anything?
Old 29th May 2009, 04:03 PM   #534
diyAudio Member

I should have resolved the paypal situation by monday, i shouldnt be needing your address. I will let you know if i do.

Rhys
Old 29th May 2009, 04:53 PM   #535
diyAudio Member

Rhysh,
I have the programming material I just need the software to control the pga2310 device. You are using the Atmel chip, correct? The same code should work with the Pic device if not I will get an Atmel chip.

If I am to expedite these boards to the faithful I will need the names, addresses, number of boards purchased. I have 30 boards. Somehow that number does not quite fit. Do you not need 4 boards minimum for a stereo amp? It is possible someone wishes to build a BPA 150.

To those out there who propose to construct this thing. Remember using one board per channel still makes a very nice amplifier. That is 3 lm3886 chips per channel which will run fairly efficient speakers real hard. The balanced/bridged option is what Jeff Rowland choose. You do not have to adhere to it. Two boards in parallel, per channel, should drive 2 ohm speaker loads. Do not take this to the bank I am only speculating. A little help here AndrewT.

Tad
Old 29th May 2009, 05:01 PM   #536
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Rhysh, I have the programming material I just need the software to control the pga2310 device. You are using the Atmel chip, correct? The same code should work with the Pic device if not I will get an Atmel chip.
I am using the amtel chip, you will need the matching chip for my software to work.

Quote:
If I am to expedite these boards to the faithful I will need the names, addresses, number of boards purchased. I have 30 boards. Somehow that number does not quite fit. Do you not need 4 boards minimum for a stereo amp? It is possible someone wishes to build a BPA 150.
I will get those to you tonight, i intended to do this yesterday but i never got round to it. You need 4 boards for a stereo amp, but some people have bought strange numbers.
Old 29th May 2009, 07:13 PM   #537
HaLo6 is offline HaLo6  United States
diyAudio Member

Newark in the US has Rifa 47KuF / 40VDC @ 23.78 a piece. I am going to call to see what 25 would run for unit price? Who is interested I need 4!

EDIT
25 Peices brings it down to $21.78 a piece! Newark ships these from Farnell and puts a $20.00 overhead on the order so it would be 22.60 a piece if we order 25 pieces or more. I'll organize a group buy if peeps are interested.
Old 29th May 2009, 08:56 PM   #538
diyAudio Member

So Newark is the only source so far for these so far as Mouser and Digikey can even come close to prices for these type of caps ...

Mouser can get us down to ~28 @ 25 pieces for Cornell Dubilier same specs.

Digikey was more expensive then that. ($68)
Old 30th May 2009, 10:42 PM   #539
diyAudio Member

HaLo6,

I'd be interested in some caps (2) but I'm still waiting on my kit to ship. Rhysh can I get a ship date ETA?...I'd like it to require a signature so we both know when it arrives.
Old 31st May 2009, 01:20 AM   #540
diyAudio Member

Cool... I am hoping we can get to 25 total for the RIFA caps!

Hide this!Advertise here!