• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tnargs said:
I haven't been able to view the shine7 site on my browser. Tried a few times this week. Is it just me?

Without seeing that site I can't see what the GB is actually supplying...

I had the same problem when I was in China, for some weird reason it wouldn't open the page.

You could ask Alex to email you the pages in *.htm format

regards
Evan

tnargs said:
OK I got the shine7 site now (coincidentally after downloading IE8)

What is the max voltage for using a pair of these with 16-ohm speakers? I assume current would not be a concern, it is just the voltage limits.

And what power would that produce into 16 ohms?

I would not use anything higher then 35v rails, im not sure how the amplifier will cope into 16 ohms, maybe you should ask the designer. He is alex88 on the forum.

Virtually every solid state amplifier works better into a higher impedance load.

If you go for a 50W into 8r0 design and parallel them and bridge them you'll get 100W into 16. That's 56Vpk and 3.5Vpk into a resistive load.
A parallel pair will deliver 5Apk from each chipamp.
A parallel triple will deliver 3.3Apk from each chipamp.
The worst case transient current into a 16ohm load is around 10Apk.
Either version will work well.

rhysh said:
All information can be found in the wiki.

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=BPA300+Group+Buy+Round+2

newPA150-4.jpg

(Original BPA board)

Boards will be $10 each. That is $20 for one monoblock (2 boards) and $40 for a stereo set (4 boards)

The same boards are used as the last group buy. BOM can be found in the wiki.

All BPA300 round one participents please refer to the WIKI.

Feel free to post your names down in the thread if you wish, but adding your name to the wiki is necessary.

I replied in the original bpa300 thread before I found this one. Please mark me down for two stereo sets, $80. (Eight boards?)

Thank you,

Mike DuFresne

2 boards/channel

Up to now I have been making the assumption that, of the two boards per channel, one is the BPA150, and the other is the power supply.

Is that assumption correct?

I just now have been looking through all of the BPA300 threads, and I don't think any of them have posted a photo of the PS board.

m

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.