ezDAC Group Buy Interest? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2009, 10:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ezDAC Group Buy Interest?

Every now and again I see that people are interested in my ezDAC boards. I've also been getting a fairly steady stream of requests by e-mail over the last several months, and I keep telling people I'll get back to them when I order more boards.

Only thing is that it's not a business for me, so I don't want to be saddled with a bunch of boards if there's not enough demand. So, I'm putting this out there to see if there's interest in a group buy. I've never participated in a group buy or done one myself, so I'm not too sure how it works. Let's see if there's interest first, and then you guys can let me know how to proceed.
Old 9th January 2009, 07:18 PM   #2
pred is offline pred  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default price

Hello,

do you have an idea about the price? Do you plan to include some parts, like oscillator and input transformer? In principle I am interested if the price is right

Regards,
Predrag

PS
I have some chips left from my failed DAC project so maybe not a bad idea to try to make something from that...
Old 9th January 2009, 07:47 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Honestly, I would prefer just to sell the boards, not kits. I don't have time for that these days.

To give an idea of the price for boards, last time I ordered 50 boards, the price was around $8 USD each. I would probably charge $12 each (+shipping, paypal fees) if we do it all at once, and I get the payments up front.
Old 10th January 2009, 03:08 AM   #4
TedS is online now TedS  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Evan,

What version of your board would you be offering? Does your latest version allow for multiple input switching on the receiver chip?

I built one of your originals without the solder mask, which, combined with my *ahem* soldering skills, led to some imperfect connections. I had a few anomalies early on, which I seem to have fixed (been running for over a year now), but having a spare board around would be a cheap insurance policy. So I may be interested.

Ted
Old 10th January 2009, 04:36 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hey, Ted. I remember.

I haven't changed the board. It's still version 1.5.
Old 10th January 2009, 07:34 AM   #6
pred is offline pred  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Hi,

for the board the price is right for me so count me in for one at 12$. At least transformer would be nice for me but if not I hope you have some reference for it that is easy to find...

Pred
Old 10th January 2009, 12:27 PM   #7
TedS is online now TedS  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Evan,

OK, it's been awhile since I visited your website, so I couldn't remember what changes were made. I just need to refresh my memory. The v1.5 board does have solder-mask, though, right? And I think you made it so it accepts the surface-mount oscillator, too, right? Regardless, I'm very interested at $12!

Ted
Old 10th January 2009, 12:36 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TedS
Hi Evan,

OK, it's been awhile since I visited your website, so I couldn't remember what changes were made. I just need to refresh my memory. The v1.5 board does have solder-mask, though, right? And I think you made it so it accepts the surface-mount oscillator, too, right? Regardless, I'm very interested at $12!

Ted

Yeah, that's right. Silkscreen, soldermask, and can accept smt XO. $12 + shipping + PayPal fees (~3%).
Old 10th January 2009, 12:46 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I'm interested - daunted by the big SMD parts, but interested.
Old 10th January 2009, 07:34 PM   #10
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'm in for 2 boards.

Hide this!Advertise here!