• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ezDAC Group Buy Interest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Every now and again I see that people are interested in my ezDAC boards. I've also been getting a fairly steady stream of requests by e-mail over the last several months, and I keep telling people I'll get back to them when I order more boards.

Only thing is that it's not a business for me, so I don't want to be saddled with a bunch of boards if there's not enough demand. So, I'm putting this out there to see if there's interest in a group buy. I've never participated in a group buy or done one myself, so I'm not too sure how it works. Let's see if there's interest first, and then you guys can let me know how to proceed.

price

Hello,

do you have an idea about the price? Do you plan to include some parts, like oscillator and input transformer? In principle I am interested if the price is right :)

Regards,
Predrag

PS
I have some chips left from my failed DAC project so maybe not a bad idea to try to make something from that...

Honestly, I would prefer just to sell the boards, not kits. I don't have time for that these days.

To give an idea of the price for boards, last time I ordered 50 boards, the price was around $8 USD each. I would probably charge $12 each (+shipping, paypal fees) if we do it all at once, and I get the payments up front.

Hi Evan,

What version of your board would you be offering? Does your latest version allow for multiple input switching on the receiver chip?

I built one of your originals without the solder mask, which, combined with my *ahem* soldering skills, led to some imperfect connections. I had a few anomalies early on, which I seem to have fixed (been running for over a year now), but having a spare board around would be a cheap insurance policy. So I may be interested.

Ted

Hi Evan,

OK, it's been awhile since I visited your website, so I couldn't remember what changes were made. I just need to refresh my memory. The v1.5 board does have solder-mask, though, right? And I think you made it so it accepts the surface-mount oscillator, too, right? Regardless, I'm very interested at $12!

Ted

TedS said:
Hi Evan,

OK, it's been awhile since I visited your website, so I couldn't remember what changes were made. I just need to refresh my memory. The v1.5 board does have solder-mask, though, right? And I think you made it so it accepts the surface-mount oscillator, too, right? Regardless, I'm very interested at $12!

Ted

Yeah, that's right. Silkscreen, soldermask, and can accept smt XO. $12 + shipping + PayPal fees (~3%).

Hi ezkcdude,

I bought a board from you a year ago and I'm wondering if this is the same layout? See attached. The capacitors can hardly fit on the designated spots, which the same thing happened to me when I started soldering the compnents.

If this is a revised version of the pcb you're offering and you adjusted the spacing of the capacitors and other components, that would be awesome. I will sign up for 1 pcb.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1482420#post1482420

Fred

paulb said:
They seem to be the caps around the regulators. I think you could use smaller ones. Maybe tantalums.

Yeah, I originally designed the ezDAC for tants, but the last time I built it, I didn't have any left, so I just used whatever I had on hand. The layout is fine. Here's a pic of Ray's board:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And my first ezDAC v.1.0:

ezdac_newbuild.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.