• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

4-pole Electrolytics 10000uF/63V $23 +

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I currently have the opportunity to purchase:

4 Pole Electrolytic Capacitors
10.000µF ±20% 63 V dim.: 35x65mm
4 Pin Version , insulated , -40°C ... +85°C RoHS Compliant , Made in Germany with Custom Sleeve and Printing
Delivery : 6 weeks

These are same design, same materials, same factory, same production line and same production engineers as the 4-poles branded as Jensen, but are direct from the manufacturer.

Only differences are the height (65mm instead of Jensen's 50mm) and the price - these are available (10+) at half the price of the Jensens. Neither of which will have any influence on the sound and/or quality of the caps.

Downside is that the minimum order quantity is 250 pieces, which is a bit too much for me.

I would like to get these made and have around 100 as stock for my site for around $34.50 each.

The other 150 I'd need to sell in advance to make the MOQ possible for me.

I've calculated the following prices, based on all costs for the purchase and delivery:

2 to 4 pieces €22 / $30 / £20 each
5 to 9 pieces €20 / $27 / £18 each
10+ pieces €17 / $23 / £16 each

Please note that the above price would be inclusive of secure shipping to anywhere worldwide.

Please also note that the parts are priced to me in Euros so the USD and GBP prices might vary a little.

I realise this isn't a "true" group buy, (specifically as I am seeking to defer some risks of a commercial transaction), however, I felt this was the best way to get these parts on the market, and to advantage diyAudio members....

Let me know if this looks worthwhile.

Any questions please email me,

Thanks

Went to your site - great asset to the hobby

Dear Mr. McCampbell,

I, along with many others on these forums, are building clones of Nelson Pass's amplifiers. One would think you are offering power supply caps, both the slit foils and these four poles that would make a useful improvement to these projects.

I have read many good things about both of these devices but have to admit I have no idea how they compare to each other.

Would you mind giving us your opinion as to their relative goodness?

Would you recommend one over the other for this application and for what reasons?

Thanks for your services. I look forward to doing business with you.

Dear Mr McInnis,

The stated technical benefits of the slit-foils can be found on the website of the deigner, Dennis Morecroft: dnm.co.uk .
Dennis is, by profession, a physicist, and, some years ago investigated what advantages could be gained for audio capacitors beyond the standard factors considered by electrical engineers and materials engineers. The fruit of this endeavour are the slit-foils and T-Network capacitors.

I hesitate to get into direct comparisons with other very excellent capacitors, because, as a wise man once said: "Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home"!

However, the BHC capacitors certainly offer the advantage of being UK manufactured, and are therefore priced in a currency which is at historically low rates against the Euro nd the US Dollar.

I have been investigating the differences and similarities of the T-Network caps and the other 4-pole caps, and I will return with futher information once I have discussed this in detail with the design engineers at F&T and with Dennis.

More soon....

Dear Mr. Campbell,

How much is the series, input to output, resistances for these 4-pole capacitors? Could you please ask that to the manufacturer?
Also, why the height is bigger than standard Jensen capacitors if those caps are OEM for Jensen?

Thanks,
Mihai

Thanks and an apology

Dear Mr. Campbell,

My fading eyes thought they saw an Mc in front of your name and all the while thought I had not seen that formulation before but who needs to think on Christmas Eve when one is excited about which capacitor to use? Please accept my apology for making a mess of this.

In relation to my question, even though I did not specify which of the amplifiers I was going to build which made an open ended question to border on the infinite I thought you might have some general guidelines. Maybe the shadings each capacitor might impose upon the sound of an/any amplifier?

And if I am patient I think you will. I will be patient.

I have read Mr. Morecroft's paper on his capacitors along with following his products evolution. I have never heard any of his work. He speaks with an authority and rightness; I believe he is on the right path. I would tend to want to use his capacitors, yet, it would seem advantageous to take part in your offer. How lucky and cursed concurrently we are. But, that seems to be the case always.

I will check in on this thread and into your website regularly.

Thanks,

from link

"
The BHC is a real four pole; unlike the Jensen the output leads are in the centre of the foils, rather than the far end. This gives it a lower ESR at the output side, but reduces the high frequency attenuation, I guess by at most a factor of two."

jensen better for pre and T for power ......

That's true, the intrinsic attenuation filter is better on Jensen, and it will provide more HF isolation, but the series resistance is higher than the one in BHC 4-pole capacitor.
I don't agree with the statement that Jansen is only good for preamps. One could use more of them in parallel for lower DC series resistance - hence suitable for high power amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.