• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
F5 version 2

Ok, this is not the final design, but here is what I had in mind.

The board is 180x50 mm

Attachments

• f5_v2.png
    f5_v2.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 470
Ok, here is what I have come up with. I need to clean the silk screen, but besides this it should be pretty functional.

The board is 190x45 mm. You may notice that I have placed the thermistors differently. This is to make it easier to mount. The drawback is that I had to run traces in between the mosfet footprints, but this should not pose any problems IMO.

Any comments?

Attachments

• f5.png
    f5.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 987
  • f5_schem.png
    f5_schem.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 958
Looks nice with the parts spread out a bit. Not that I would use two pair of outputs but are the pairs too close together?

Why would someone use two pairs of outputs with the same current as one pair?

Well I have added the extra footprint mostly for people who likes to use more devices - as an extra option. But you are right if you run them at full throttle, you'll need to make sure you can transfer the heat away. You can use a copper spreader if you like.

I think people who wants to do this will probably end up running each device at 700 1000mA or so - if you want to push it further you need prohibitively large heatsinks imo.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Cviller,

Have you tried the double output modification? I did and it didn’t sound as good as a single pair of output devises. My theory about why this occurred is that it increases the open loop gain hence the amount of feedback in the circuit. The nice sound field moved up front and wasn’t as appealing to me.

What do you think about adding a casscode devises for the input?

Thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.