• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
max426 said:

HERE is an excel file Mouser as supplier
there are 3 pages
since i am new at this you should double check it
also i don't know if all these components fit the board from this GB

jim

I noticed you budgeted for heat sink grease. I'm probably going to use Arctic Silver Ceramique.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/ceramique.htm

I've been using it for years for CPUs and occasionally for high heat parts in TV repair. I imagine it will work for my F5. Of course it's no substitute proper sized heatsinks, but every little bit of heat which can be moved to the heatsink helps.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
labjr said:

I noticed you budgeted for heat sink grease. I'm probably going to use Arctic Silver Ceramique.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/ceramique.htm

I've been using it for years for CPUs and occasionally for high heat parts in TV repair. I imagine it will work for my F5. Of course it's no substitute proper sized heatsinks, but every little bit of heat which can be moved to the heatsink helps.

Does this greese negate the need for isolation pads?

ichiban said:

Does this greese negate the need for isolation pads?

You still need insulators.

I was doing some more reading about Arctic Silver vs Thermalloy. Thermalloy may still be the best solution for this project since it will work at higher temperatures (200C) than the Arctic Silver (125C). Not that it's going to run that hot, but you never know when you are adjusting the bias I guess you could approach 125C by accident.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.