• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cviller said:
From left:

Input selection

Two attenuators http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=246385&stamp=1065479349

and two B1 in the end....

It is a single ended control and preamp controlling two poweramps at different level, but same signal - ideal for poweramp ab testing. ;)

That's funny, I thought it was the central office for the telephone company.:D

Anone know how the B1 sounds with the F5?

I thought I read somewhere that it's a little harsh.

Also don't you want to use linear steps since the B1 has no gain

I´don´t believe it sound harsh with b1. B1 sounds almost not at all. Just clear and transparent. But you may be right with too less (no) gain for F5. With some recordings B1 is not even sufficient with Aleph J that has more gain.
Didn´t papa mentioned B1 with gain in future?

stefan

noelectrix said:
I´don´t believe it sound harsh with b1. B1 sounds almost not at all. Just clear and transparent. But you may be right with too less (no) gain for F5. With some recordings B1 is not even sufficient with Aleph J that has more gain.
Didn´t papa mentioned B1 with gain in future?

stefan

You don't always need gain. However, I thought a linear taper pot was used in the B1 so it would have it would have a similar increase in volume as an audio taper pot when used with a gain stage. Though, I could be mistaken.

I had read about a possible B1 with gain. That would turn it into a preamp wouldn't it?

I believe the F5 can make some speakers sound very harsh. I have noticed cartridge noise and static mixed in on CD's which I have never experienced before. Sometimes I'm about to chase away the audience when I realize they're on the record... :bawling: HAHA no serious, you can hear all sorts of high frequency content with this amp and that would sound harsh on some speakers or perhaps the material just includes some unpleasant stuff you were not able to hear before. ;)

Or you might look at other components in your chain...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.